Chef Geoff and Rocky know the importance of setting the mood and look to put the best foot forward with some great starter ideas for the upcoming Valentine’s evening. This is the first of 2 episodes Stripping Down an elegant dinner for two, not at the local bistro that has oversold the night, is loud, crowded and the service is overwhelmed and behind, but from your kitchen.
To kick this off into the right direction, Gary DuQuette from Lucille’s Bloody Mary Mix, lucillesbloodymarymix.com, joins us to discuss the classic cocktail and see the many other uses this flavor adds to your cooking.
Together, we strip down Seared Scallops, Tenderloin Canapes, Oyster Shooters, Raviolis and more. It’s Valentine’s. We are stripping down the food in hopes that some other stripping will follow. Tune in!
* Filet Mignon – 1 lb
* Chives – 12 strands
* Sourdough Baguette – 1
* Sour Cream – 1/2 cup
* Horseradish – 1/4 cup
* Preheat oven to 350
* Slice filet and baguette in 1/4″ slices
* Lightly salt filet slices
* In a small bowl mix horse and sour cream
* Toast baguette slices in oven (approx 10 mins)
* Heat tsp of oil in pan
* Brown filets on each side (approx 30 seconds per side)
* Spread horseradish sauce on the bread
* Add slice of filet, top with chives and serve