The biggest night of the romance year and the greatest opportunity to impress your woman. Last week we set the mood with some sizzling appetizers to get things started. Now it’s time for the second half
follow-up, and more importantly, the fourth quarter Desert drive.
Yes, cooking dinner is a great move as Chef Geoff and I preach, but finishing the meal with a homemade desert will win the game in the
end. We strip down a chocolate soufle and the basic creme brulee.
And for our main course we roast a rack of lamb and an olive oil poached lobster salad with help from our guest, Dina Wall with Sensual Olive Oil (sensualolive.com).
Valentine’s is a night that you need to get it right. We stepped it up with some elegant ideas that she is bound to enjoy. So tune in and enjoy the fun.
The Chocolate Soufle
Butter (unsalted) – 4 TBS (Or substitute Olive Oil) Eggs – 2 Sugar – 4 TBS Bittersweet Chocolate – 4 oz.
Flour – 2 1/2 TBS
Vanilla Ice Cream – 2 Scoops
– Preheat oven to 400
– Put chocolate and butter in a double boiler over low heat and stir until chocolate is melted
– In a small bowl mix sugar and flour
– In a separate medium bowl whisk eggs, then whisk in flour and sugar
– Whisk in chocolate into egg mixture
– Scrape mixture into two 1 cup ramekins and bake for approximately 15 mins until edges are firm and center is still soft
– Add scoop of vanilla ice cream to center and serve.