This week marks the 100th episode of Ripley Radio – An On-Demand Oddcast and during the show we hear from Ripley’s President Jim Pattison Jr. on how the show is helping keep Robert Ripley’s legacy alive and current, and we also hear from many of our guests who we featured during the first 100 shows!
We talk with Ray Johnson, the 46-year mayor of Campo, Colo., who is thought to be the most heavily tattooed mayor in the US. Ralf questions him on how his constituency feels about all the ink. You’ll be surprised at his response.
Additional Weird, Wacky, Bizarre and Wonderful topics Discussed this week:
• Ralf explains the terrible accident that was the demise of a celebrated earless rabbit born in Germany.
• We’ll learn just how far it takes for a Guinea Pig to jump to set a world’s record.
• Abby discusses Panda Dung Tea, a very expensive beverage.
• Angela lets us know there are at least 12 Stonehenges in the US – made with everything from foam to refrigerators.
• Ripley’s Edward Meyer tells us that one of his latest acquisitions is a Last Supper made of Ivory Soap.
• Jodi Pliszka’s segment this week on Weird Medical Maladies highlights Object Sexuality and tells the tale of a lady who has fallen into romantic love with the Statue of Liberty.
• AND our musical egress this week features the Eagles singing their 1977 hit, Hotel California.
Earless Rabbit – http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2012/03/earless-bunny-crushed-by-cameraman/
On-Demand Oddcast – www.ripleyoddcast.com
US Stonehenges – http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/29025
Ray Johnson – http://news.bmezine.com/2008/10/13/the-most-heavily-tattooed-mayor-in-america-probably/
Panda Dung Tea – http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/weird/Panda-Dung-Tea-Set-to-Hit-Market-for-Over-200-a-Cup-143364006.html
Jodi Pliszka – http://www.headlineitstore.com/about/jodi