It’s that time of the year when children gets most excited about. It’s a time of fun, festivities, frivolity, presents and Santa Claus.
But what is it that our children are learning from us during this Christmas season?
What kind of messages are we sending when we tell our children – “Christmas is a season of giving.” and when we tell them to make a wish list of what they want for Christmas?
In this show, host Chiao Kee Lim speaks to coach, speaker and author of Beyond Eggnog & Mistletoe – Create The Holiday of Your Dreams, Sandy Fowler, about all this and more. Listen in as both of them talk about:
• Three important lessons children can learn from us during the Christmas season;
• The misconception about the old adage “Giving is better than receiving”;
• What to do to avoid the stress of ‘keeping up with the Joneses';
• What children really want from you this Christmas (and it’s not toys);
• How to break the cycle of buying and giving lots of ‘stuff';
• How to have a wonderful Christmas without getting stressed out and breaking the bank;
• And much more.
For more information about Sandy Fowler, visit her website at http://www.sandyfowler.com.
To connect with host Chiao Kee Lim, contact her on Today’s Parents’ blog at http://todaysparentsblog.com