Have you ever wondered what you need to teach your sons so that they would grow up to be good men?
In this week’s show, host Chiao Kee Lim speaks to Certified Parenting Strategist and coach Kristian Orozco from The Boyhood Project about what parents of sons need to focus on. Listen in as Chiao Kee and Kristian talk about:
• Why it’s important to raise emotionally intelligent boys;
• How to encourage our sons to express their emotions;
• Why thinking that allowing our sons to express their feelings may make them wimpy and whiny is a myth;
• When boys start looking for role models on how to become men and where they are likely to turn to if their fathers are absent;
• When and How to talk to our sons about sex and pornography; and much more.
Whether or not you have daughters, we encourage you to listen to last week’s show on What We Need To Teach Our Daughters as some of the general parenting information shared is equally applicable to raising boys as well.
To connect with host Chiao Kee Lim or Kristian Orozco, visit the following links.
To connect with Chiao Kee Lim, visit Today’s Parents’ blog at http://todaysparentsblog.com.
To connect with Kristian Orozco, visit his website at http://www.theboyhoodproject.com.