Have you had to motivate your kids to do their homework or get a certain grade in school?
What do you use to motivate them? Do you entice them with reward? Or do you threaten them with punishment?
What are the pros and cons of both?
In this week’s show, host Chiao Kee Lim speaks to psychologist, university professor and author of the book How To Motivate Your Child For School and Beyond, Professor Andrew Martin. Listen in and learn about:
• Signs a child is lacking in motivation and what may be the cause of it;
• Whether parents should motivate their children or children should be self-motivated;
• Why reward or punishment is not always helpful in motivating children;
• The three factors parents should focus on when motivating children;
• Four strategies to motivate your children for school and beyond.
To connect with Chiao Kee Lim or Prof. Andrew Martin, visit the following links.
To connect with host Chiao Kee Lim, visit Today’s Parents’ blog at http://todaysparentsblog.com.
For tools and resources on motivating your children, visit Prof. Andrew Martin’s site at http://www.lifelongachievement.com.