I am continually preaching to my clients that using a Mortgage Broker when shopping for a mortgage will save you money, because a Mortgage Broker is not limited to one supply of money like that of a bank. Dealing with a broker gives you more options and options will always save you money! The same is true when shopping for homeowner’s insurance. An insurance broker has more options and can shop your individual needs with different carriers and find you the best deal possible!
Join me today as my guest, Robert Windsor, an agent with AIC Insurance and I discuss the questions that you need to ask when shopping for insurance to make sure that you are getting the correct coverage, while saving money at the same time.
Some of the items we will be discussing include:
- What advantage is there to using an independent agent versus a captive agent?
- Is the location of a home a factor in the cost of homeowner’s insurance?
- What other factors can affect an insurance premium beside the value of the home being insured?
- What is the difference between Replacement Cost versus Actual Cash Value?
- What are interior limits (i.e. guns, jewelry, silver, collectables?)
- Are recreational toys in a garage covered by home insurance? (i.e. motorcycle, snowmobile, boat)
- And much, much more…
Shopping gives you knowledge….AND knowledge is POWER!