Love and Relationships

Divorce: Unmasked

Ann Cerney, LCPC, MS

Divorce: Unmasked – Do You Really Want to End up Being One of the 5% Who Actually Goes to Court?

Ann interviews a family law attorney in Illinois who practices both litigation and collaborative divorce.  Only 5% of litigated divorce cases make it to trial.  The other 95% of divorce cases are resolved by settlement between attorneys and their clients outside of court.  Mark Becker, from Western Springs, Illinois, explains to Ann a key characteristic of what he considers an “ideal” client to possess, which may come as a surprise.