Meet Jess. She just finished her first year at a large university. She wanted a large university, and she loves it. She also talks about what she’s learned in the life of a freshman.
- Adapting to the new routine
- Signing up for courses and going through orientation
- Her stressful first semester and how it shaped her second semester.
- Ways she found friends —very different friends from high school.
- Using the daily planner given to her at orientation.
- The importance of sticking with a course syllabus — on her own.
- It’s not just reading. It’s lots more.
- Studying everything for a test.
- What she’s learned about taking care of herself.
- Jess hopes to be accepted into a major next year, but first she has to qualify. She’ll know in a few weeks
Listen to Jess’s comments. This is one student’s journey through freshmen year. Others can learn from her.