For years, Dr. Bob has spoken at Freshmen Orientation Programs and talked to parents during Admissions Programs. And on these occasions, parents have lots of questions. College is, after all, a big expense, plus parents want to be clear about the ins and outs of college. Today, he chooses from his list of most-often asked questions. Here are just a few:
- What if students have not decided on a major? What should he/she do?
- Can a student take more than one major?
- What if the student is living at home — especially for 2-year colleges
- Is this campus safe?
- What if there’s a roommate problem?
- What if a student gets sick — long-term?
- Can a student take summer courses at another college and transfer credits?
- What about foreign study programs?
- What about advanced placement courses?
- Is it okay for students to work part-time during the school year?
- What happens when a student needs medical care?
- Do parents get copies of final grades?
These and more questions will be answered. Listen in to this Ready for College? discussion. You’ll learn a lot in under an hour.