Host: Sheryl Glick R.M.T.
Special Guest: Pastor Bill Jenkins
In today’s episode of Healing From Within, your host Sheryl Glick, author of The Living Spirit: Answers for Healing and Infinite welcomes Pastor Bill Jenkins author of Fifteen –Holy number for Success in 2015. Pastor Bill Jenkins, the founder and senior pastor of Church of Acts in Indianapolis and host of Generation Acts which is a weekly television broadcast on TBN and has been recognized by his community as a Man of Distinction receiving The Mayors Community Service Award shares his insights on how the Bible and Spirit offer us through the power of the Word to find answers and direction to create our best life journey. As a 17 year old with a strong passion for baseball, Bill Jenkins had an opportunity to sign a professional contract. Instead of seeking success through baseball, Jenkins became a youth pastor and traveled the United States preaching the gospel. He describes an awakening or spiritual calling that happened to him while in a local church.
Pastor Jenkins goes on to tell us the number 15 and indeed each number is a code with messages and they have many meanings in the Bible. The number 15 in the Bible pictures rest, which comes after deliverance, represented by fourteen. The 15th day of the first Hebrew month (Nisan) is the first day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread, a day of rest for the children of Israel (and for Christians). The 15th day of the 7th Hebrew month begins the Feast of Tabernacles, also a day of rest.
God told Abraham in a vision, just as the sun was setting to begin Nisan 15 on the Hebrew calendar, that his descendants would end up as slaves in a foreign country (Egypt). They would, however, eventually be set free (Genesis 15:12 – 16). Many years later in Egypt, God miraculously delivered Israel’s firstborn from the death angel just as Passover began after sunset (Nisan 14). Then, 24 hours later (just as the sun was setting to begin Nisan 15), the children of Israel began to leave Egypt (Exodus 12:40 – 41). This night is referred to as the ‘night to be much observed’ (Exodus 12:40 – 42, Deuteronomy 16:1). God’s prophecy of freedom, given to Abraham on Nisan 15, was fulfilled years later on the exact same day.
After dying on the cross, Jesus’ body is placed in a Garden Tomb as the sun was setting to begin Nisan 15 in 30 A.D. (Matthew 27:57 – 61, Luke 23:50 – 55, John 19:38 – 42).
King Hezekiah, who was sick and dying, prayed that God would remember his works and how he served him with his whole heart. God heard his prayer and told the king, through the prophet Isaiah, that he would be healed and granted an additional number of years of live, 15 years.
Pastor Bill tells us that the number 15 is important in today’s world. Believing in God or a Higher Source of Life and Creation and that we are more than our physical bodies establishes and puts us in a favorable position because we are in agreement with God. Much like the saying, “Your will is my will.” Believing His prophets or light workers or those who receive information from Spirit in the hopes of helping us grow and evolve prospers us and causes us to have long-term success because we are at peace with whatever transpires in our lives. The word “prosper” in verse 20 is referring to economic or financial success. Believing the prophets of God can often release financial favor although it is important to remember soul growth and the refinement of our energy is not limited to success in the sense of the material world. True success and happiness involves self-development and sharing your spiritual gifts and understandings with others in the hope of making the world a more unified and cooperative state.
Sheryl says it seems to her that anyone who seeks to understand the Universe Laws of Energy and its divine force whether by religious or spiritual practices is searching for the Word or truth of our being is a prophet. Perhaps it doesn’t come through only religious training but through a great deal of love and compassion to serve humanity and improve the condition of the world.
Pastor Jenkins describes a prophet as one who speaks divinely inspired messages to others. God or his spiritual emissaries tell the prophet what to say and the prophet tells others what Spirit has shared. However spiritual messages can’t be received unless the proper state of listening is achieved. This often requires meditation prayer or allowing oneself to be in silence and detached from the physical world for a time. Sometimes it is easier for a person to hear a message through another person like a spiritual teacher or religious leader. Spirit may ask you to tell someone something. You may not know what the communication means, but you will feel a strong desire to deliver the message. You won’t be forced but Spirit will be persistent. Only God knows the why behind the communication. You don’t have to know why. You just decide to deliver the message. Sheryl responds as an intuitive healer while in meditation she receives loving and encouraging messages for her Reiki clients who find the messages validate their decisions and help them to accept what at times might be hard to deal with. Sheryl feels as a result of this spiritual communication that we may all develop if we chose to we are really never alone and in that knowledge we can find peace and hope.
Pastor Jenkins talks about the first great prophet in the Bible who was Moses. Moses spent many years in the desert herding his father-in-laws’ sheep. One day, God called to him from a burning bush. God talked to Moses and tried to convince Moses that this was God. But Moses wasn’t convinced; he was a doubter. God told Moses that he was going to lead the Israelites out of Egypt. Moses didn’t think this was a very good idea. “Who am I, that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt,” he said (Exodus 3:11). God told Moses that he would not be alone and God would help him to do what was necessary to help his people. Because of his unique ability to speak to God, to transcend his fears and the thought that he was not capable of doing such a difficult task, Moses changed the history of the world.
Numbers, colors, words and references to times names and places are all significant. There are no accidents or coincidences in the Word. Every mention of a person, place, color or number can reveal a greater understanding that makes things clearer or enhances our revelation of the intent of God. While average congregants may miss the mystical or inferred message from Spirit indeed there are many clues to help the individual navigate the course of his life and improve the conditions of his life. All people who study spiritual scripture or mystical events develop an ability to look deep within the happening to reveal a bigger picture of the coincidence, synchronicity or numerology factors, all of which offer a great deal of Diving guidance.
In Sheryl’s first book Life is No Coincidence- The Life and Afterlife Connection, she shows how an awareness towards coincidences and synchronicities, numbers and miracles, added to her seeing the bigger way in which Spirit reaches out to each of us if we pay attention!!! In regard to numbers, Sheryl wrote, “Nevertheless my family did not have faith in all this. I kept reminding myself that because I believed in synchronicity and the power of numbers it did not mean my family had to accept it…..more difficult for my family to believe was my interest in the significance of numbers. Just as certain names seem to link people to each other, I saw numbers that went together and reminded me of important dates particularly births and deaths.” When Sheryl was reading the Bible, the numbers intrigued her most. When Noah gathered the animals onto the ark, the Lord told him to take seven pairs of every kind of animal that could be used for sacrifice and one pair of the others. In seven days God sent rain, which lasted for 40 days and nights….also in the Bible Joseph when he was 17 years old was sold by his brothers and taken to Egypt where he was able to interpret dreams and became a prophet to the king. The number 7 recurs frequently: it’s all connected. Sheryl believes the numbers in stories that remind us of similar numbers in our lives are Spirits way of letting us have a link, an association, a physical proof that things are not just random happenings. Pastor Jenkins finds Sheryl’s discovery of Spirit and her growing trust and faith in Spirit the way all skeptics may when the time and conditions are right be allowed to grow beyond their limited beliefs into a clearer and more wonderful view of Creation energy and the process of living life in a most meaningful and connected way to Source.
According to Jeremiah 1:10, Pastor Bill explains that a prophecy has a 6 fold purpose. The 6 fold purposes are;
1. To Uproot
To remove from the bottom up
2. To Pull Down
To remove from a fixed position to extract.
3. To Destroy
To leave no evidence
4. To Overthrow
To go beyond the intended target
5. To Build
To erect and to give shape or form to something
6. To Plant
To settle, establish to furnish
Sheryl shares with Pastor Jenkins that her Reiki healing sessions follow the same prescriptive pattern…to discover what blockage or thoughts have created fear and pain: to release them and create new perceptions and views that allow the individual to move past the old patterns and beliefs and then to be present and at One with their life plan and destiny finding new ways to ask for guidance or help from those around them or in Spirit.
The six main purposes of the Bible are listed below and Pastor Jenkins refers to it as a tool for learning to live in a physical world in the most beneficial and effective way for happiness and success.
1. The Doctrine.- the Doctrine is our belief system. It is a set of ideas and standards we allow to govern and guide our loves. The Bible has been designed to give us the instruction necessary to not only keep us out of trouble but set us up for success.
2. Reproof- reproof is criticism. We are not called to be critical; however if things need to be judged or decisions need to be weighed, then use the measuring stick of the Word for God to decide. Our feelings and other people’s opinions mean nothing in the importance of making decisions. The only way to make sure you are making the right decisions and benefit from them is to use the scripture to back up your decisions.
3. Correction- the purpose of correction is change. It makes crooked things straight and takes the inaccurate and turns it into truth. Punishment is often used to bring us into conformity with the standard. We need to understand we cannot mandate morality in America. It’s not will-power but spirit-power that’s going to bring change.
4. Instruction- righteousness is being in right standing with God. The Word of God is to be used not just for us but for us to instruct others. Our children do not need more abstract teaching; they need absolutes only the Word of God can provide.
5. Perfect- it is not about being flawless. It is about maturity. It’s about progress. It’s about being a better person every day. “Whatever you feed will grow, whatever you starve will die.” Serving God is a daily thing.
6. Furnish- you are an empty house until you allow the Word of God to provide the necessary equipment to fully function as a child of God. The Word of God gives us the fruit of the Spirit and the gift of the Spirit to serve God and bless others in our lives.
Pastor Bill tells us that scripture help us to develop our belief system, guide us in our decisions, release change in our hearts, raise the standard in our lives, grow to become more like Jesus and other notable spiritual messengers over the course of history who have delivered the message of love and Oneness to us all and to equip us for service. Sheryl shares that every religion and healing practice encourage people to find the goodness love and compassion in our being or soul and to look past the differences and find the similarities that make us an eternal life force rather than concentrating only on our physical lives.Other Significant numbers in the Bible are;
1. Witness, Support and Agreement: two witness establish a truth, two are better than one, disciples sent two by two.
2. Completion, Finish: three great Christian characteristics are faith, hope and love. 1st Corinthians 13:13..three offices of Christ: prophet, priest, King, Jonah was in the fish’s belly for three days, Jesus’ ministry lasted 3 yrs.
3. Earth Related Number: four directions (north, south, east west) four seasons, fourth book of the bible is Numbers which deals with the wilderness journey of the believer. Four soils.
4. Grace, Favor: four wise virgins, five loaves used to feed 5,000, five-fold ministry: apostle, prophet, evangelist, pastor, teacher, five ingredients of anointing oil- myrrh, cinnamon, cane, cassia bark and olive oil
5. Man, Satan: creation in six days, goliath was six cubits, number of Anti-Christ is 666.
6. God’s Perfect Number: God rested on the 7th day, Jesus taught Peter to forgive 70×7, seven sayings on the cross.
7. New Beginnings: eight were saved from the flood, circumcision was to be performed on the 8th day, Thomas saw Jesus eight days after resurrection.
8. Fruit, Fullness of Blessing: nine fruit of the Spirit, nine people were stoned; Sara was 90 at birth of Isaac.
9. Law, Man’s Government: Ten Commandments.
10. Disorder, Offense, Confusion: eleven kings and rulers were offended with God’s servants for declaring the truth. 11 disciples/apostles
11. Divine Government: 12 tribes, 12 disciples, 12 gates of foundations in New Jerusalem, 12 stones in Heaven, 12 doctrines of Apostles.
12. Love, Maturity, Power and Rebellion: three books of the Bible have 13 chapters.
13. Number of David- Deliverance
14. Love: 16 characteristics of love.
Pastor Bill views coincidences, synchronicity and numerology by believing there are no coincidences and nothing in our life is random…all is part of a life plan destiny and evolution of God’s miracle of life learning and love…..These are the tools that God uses to give us messages, help guidance and express the unconditional love he feels for the expansion of life.
Pastor Bill Jenkins and Sheryl have shared their experiences and search into ways that Spirit offers us a more intimate connection to this Source while here on Earth allowing us to feel united and in the Oneness of our own divine spark of eternal life through the messages in the Bible and in our daily life experiences so we may know we are never alone. When we open our heart and soul to that extraordinary dimension of life we can recognize that every encounter guides us from the start of this life to passing to the next and that love not fear needs to be cultivated and respected so we may learn to listen to the whispers and signs from guides, spirits of loved ones, angels or just the coincidences synchronicities and numbers that show us the way to grow mature and refine our soul’s energy.
In Sheryl’s new book The Living Spirit she writes, “Each human being builds through unity and purpose of experiences, an indivisible ONENESS of the finest aspects of divine blessings, which are love, humility forgiveness and the generosity of merging ourselves with all that is. The purpose must be to prepare and refine our souls through our choices made in our physical lives for an eternal soul life worthy of divine introspection.”
Bill and Sheryl would have you listen to your heart responses and open your minds to the infinite personal divine power that shows you our lives, our experiences, and all that surrounds us are part of a divine plan and at the end of the day, we are not alone.