Host: Nicole Bridger
Conscious living is about doing what’s right for the earth, its people and spirit. Is it possible to have the lifestyle you want while contributing to positive change? Connect to your true self and create choices with impact. Many of us want to live a more intentional life and just need some practical tools to make it happen. Join me on my quest for inspired tips for a more conscious life.
Tori discovered juicing as a way to bring her back to health and now has created Nectar Juicery so that you can too. What is cleansing? Why juice? How can we start? Tori answers all your questions.
Previous EpisodesView All Past Episodes of A Conscious Life
A Conscious Life with Nicole Bridger
From the very beginning, it was clear that sewing and design were not just a passing phase for renowned ethical clothing designer, Nicole Bridger. By the tender age of fourteen, Nicole was already making and wearing all of her own clothes. Thanks to a fortuitous friendship with John Fluevog, the father of a childhood friend, Nicole was inspired to not only follow her passion, but to make it a life-long career.
Born and raised in Vancouver, Nicole’s rich pedigree began in Toronto at Ryerson University before heading to London to intern at Vivienne Westwood. With the realization that she could use her talents with fashion design as a vehicle for positive change, Nicole returned to Vancouver where she studied entrepreneurship at BCIT. Shortly after, Nicole partnered up with Chip Wilson, founder of Lululemon Athletica Inc. to create their new OQOQO line of sustainable clothing.
Having always dreamed of her own fashion line, Nicole started Nicole Bridger in 2006 from a studio in her parent’s house. In 2007, Nicole went on to launch her first clothing line at BC Fashion Week winning the respected ‘Generation Next Award.’ Created as a platform for young designers, the award provides up and coming designers with all the ingredients necessary to jumpstart a successful career in fashion.
Nicole Bridger continued to collect accolades and in 2010 was awarded the first ever ‘Canadian Eco Designer of the Year’ from Fashion Takes Action. This cemented Nicole’s reputation as one of North America’s leading sustainable fashion designers. Her philosophy of doing “what’s right for the earth, its people and spirit” is what drives each and every decision she makes.
In May of 2011, Nicole Bridger successfully opened the doors to her first retail location at 2151 West 4th Avenue in Vancouver. Setting out to make the boutique as sustainable as possible, she enlisted the assistance of Kate Cannata of New Leaf Interiors. From reclaimed church wood flooring to eco-foam stuffed vintage chairs, it was critically important to Nicole that her store, like her clothing, reflect her deep-rooted values.
A year later, the future looks bright for Nicole whose vision is for a better world and to continue to grow the brand and to open additional retail stores throughout the world.
Located in Vancouver, British Columbia, Nicole Bridger Design is a fashion line for a new generation of women who want to look effortlessly chic while maintaining a commitment to the earth and its people. Each collection is composed of stand-out pieces which reflect one’s individuality and femininity. For more information and to shop online, visit www.nicolebridger.com or visit the store at 2151 West 4th Avenue in Vancouver.
- A Conscious Life – Juicing for Vitality with Tori Holmes April 7, 2014
- A Conscious Life – Ignite Your Life with Danielle Laporte “Part1″ March 24, 2014
- A Conscious Life – More Fulfilling Sex with Devi Ward January 27, 2014
- A Conscious Life – Live Plastic Free with Taina Uitto January 13, 2014
- A Conscious Life – Preparing for Menopause with Naturopathic Doctor, Thara Vayali December 25, 2013
- A Conscious Life – Making Meditation Easy with Shannon Wilson December 16, 2013
- A Conscious Life – Balancing Hormones with Dr. Thara Vayali, ND December 3, 2013
- A Conscious Life – Holistic Nutrition for Expecting Mothers and Babies with Naturopath Dr. Tanja White October 14, 2013
- A Conscious Life – Mindful Parenting with Margery Healey September 23, 2013
- A Conscious Life – Astrology with Jinny Rodrigo September 9, 2013
- A Conscious Life – Volunteer Vacations with Aaron Smith of GoVoluntouring August 26, 2013
- A Conscious Life – Healing Crystals with Robin of AATMA Crystals August 12, 2013
- A Conscious Life – Ignite Your Life with Danielle Laporte “Part 2″ July 15, 2013
- A Conscious Life – Acupuncture with Kelli Taylor June 3, 2013
- A Conscious Life – Green Cars with JM Toriel of BGI May 20, 2013
- A Conscious Life – Connect with Your Modern Day Goddess with Shann Vander Leek April 22, 2013
- A Conscious Life – 040813 April 8, 2013
- A Conscious Life – Eco Makeup with Artist Jeanette Schwarz March 25, 2013
- A Conscious Life – Grow Your Own Food with Kent Houston of Patch February 27, 2013
- A Conscious Life – Love Your Body Now with Amber Krzys February 11, 2013
- A Conscious Life – Fair-trade Jewelry with Gen Ennis Hume of Hume Atelier February 1, 2013
- A Conscious Life – From Heartbreak to Happiness with Aurora Winter December 31, 2012
- A Conscious Life – Setting Authentic Goals with Adam Millard December 17, 2012
- A Conscious Life – Greening Your Period with Madeleine Shaw November 5, 2012
- A Conscious Life – NB Fashion Show and Inspirational Speakers October 21, 2012
- A Conscious Life – Natural Baby Toys and Cloth Diapers with Michael Ziff October 7, 2012
- A Conscious Life – Meditation with Nicole Bridger September 24, 2012
- A Conscious Life – Tools for Inner Knowing with Kate Sutherland September 9, 2012
- A Conscious Life – Greening Your Wardrobe with Eco Stylist Sarah Jay August 26, 2012
- A Conscious Life – Green Home Cleaning with Lindsay Coulter August 12, 2012