Host: Elaine K. Sanchez
Caregiver Help Radio is dedicated to helping people find hope and humor in caring for individuals who are aging, chronically ill, disabled, or affected by Alzheimer’s and other dementia-related diseases. Elaine Sanchez is an author, speaker and co-founder of CaregiverHelp.com, an online video-based caregiver support program. Her passion for helping caregivers is based on her own experience of caring for family elders. She understands the anger, guilt, depression, and grief often associated with caregiving. She knows how hard it can be to take care of yourself when you’re caring for others. And she demonstrates over and over how humor and laughter can help you get through a long day or a sleepless night.
When a person is told he/she has Parkinson’s Disease, it can be tremendously frightening. You want to know how it will progress. You’ll ask what treatments are available. You’ll want to know how it’s going to change your life and the lives of your loved ones. You might even ask how bad it’s going to get and how long you … Read more about this episode...
Previous EpisodesView All Past Episodes of Caregiver Help Radio
Caregiver Help Radio with Elaine K. Sanchez
Based on her own experience of caring for family elders, Elaine Sanchez developed a passion for helping people cope with the emotional stress of caregiving. She is the author of the unflinchingly honest and uproariously funny book, “Letters From Madelyn, Chronicles of a Caregiver”, and co-founder of CaregiverHelp.com, an online caregiver support group. Audiences across the U.S. rave about her keynotes and workshops. People say she is a cross between Garrison Keillor and Erma Bombeck, but don’t let the entertainment value fool you. Through telling stories that tug at the heart and tickle the funny bone, Elaine delivers powerful tools that help family and professional caregivers care for themselves while caring for others.
- Caregiver Help Radio - Living with Parkinson's May 20, 2013
- Caregiver Help Radio - Technology to Help Older People Live Independently May 6, 2013
- Caregiver Help Radio - Geropsychology: Mental Health Treatment for Older Adults April 29, 2013
- Caregiver Help Radio - Healthcare Advisors For Hire April 22, 2013
- Caregiver Help Radio - Legal Help for Caregivers April 15, 2013
- Caregiver Help Radio - Corporate Help for Caregivers April 8, 2013
- Caregiver Help Radio - In Home Help for Caregivers April 1, 2013
- Caregiver Help Radio - Living With Early Onset Alzheimer's March 25, 2013
- Caregiver Help Radio - Caregiving Meets Technology March 18, 2013
- Caregiver Help Radio - Part 2 - What's Funny About Dementia? March 4, 2013
- Caregiver Help Radio - Paralyzed from the Neck Down, Not the Neck Up! February 25, 2013
- Caregiver Help Radio - What's Funny About Dementia? February 18, 2013