Host: Carly J. Cais
Find and enjoy the chic life on Creatively Chic. Whether you are creating a new look for your home, or a wardrobe makeover – you don’t need a bankroll to get the look you want. By sourcing your project through thrift stores, do-it-yourself ideas, and budget shopping you can create chic on a shoestring. Join Carly for tips on re-purposing, restyling, and how to artfully put pieces together for beautiful living on a budget.
Creatively Chic – Chic, Delicate Jewelry by Michelle Chang and BRIKA.com: The New Curated Online Store for Handmade Good
Michelle Chang’s gorgeous jewelry pieces have exploded in popularity recently and are now stocked at a number of stores and shopping sites both in the U.S. and abroad (you may have seen her jewelry on Fab.com!). We chat about her unusual beginnings as a jewelry designer (she actually started as an illustrator!) and her rapid success in the market, … Read more about this episode...
Creatively Chic with Carly J. Cais
Carly J. Cais is a DIY maven who has been creating things from scratch since childhood. Carly is able to infuse daily life with beauty whilst saving money in the process, creating everything from fashionable clothing and on-trend jewelry, to fun crafts for kids and lovely home decor. She worked for 2 years as Contributing Editor for FashionTribes.com covering Budget Shopping, DIY, and Eco-friendly Fashion, as well as contributing articles for ThreadBanger.com, CutOutandKeep.net, and Foam Magazine.
She has built her fashion blog Chic Steals into a brand based on the motto, “Be Stylish * Get Creative * Spend Less,” sharing that the designer look is easily attainable through budget shopping, thrifting, and DIY’ing. Also a former clothing and jewelry designer, she now sells her jewelry and accessories on a designer-customer-direct basis on the Etsy platform. She has worked with both small and large brands (including AOL StyleList, L’Oreal Paris, Tulip Crafts, and Lily of France) to share style, tutorials, and ideas for creating amazing things on a shoestring budget. As an online entrepreneur she sells advertising space on her blog, offers digital downloadable patterns, and creates physical products in her Etsy store. She also freelances as a designer, offering graphic design, production design, editing, and motion graphics.
- Creatively Chic – Chic, Delicate Jewelry by Michelle Chang and BRIKA.com: The New Curated Online Store for Handmade Good August 4, 2013
- Creatively Chic – A Passion for Trashion: Outi Pyy of Outsapop.com and Spotlight Interview with M & J Trimming July 29, 2013
- Creatively Chic – All About Jewelry: Resources, Tips, Books, and Tools with Carly J. Cais and Art Clay World July 8, 2013
- Creatively Chic – Handmade Cards, Tags, Gift Bags, and more with Paper-Crafter Amber Kemp-Gerstel of DamaskLove and Clear & Simple Stamps June 24, 2013
- Creatively Chic – Beautiful 3D Paper-Crafting: Handcraft Your Life with Lia Griffith and Your One-Stop Paper Shop Paper-Papers.com June 10, 2013
- Creatively Chic – Sewing From Thrifted Finds: Suzannah Hamlin-Stanley of Adventures in Dressmaking and Finding It at TheThriftShopper.com May 20, 2013
- Creatively Chic – Creating the Perfect Room: Interior Stylist Adi Edlen and Spotlight Interview with Cutting Edge Stencils April 29, 2013
- Creatively Chic – Style It Chic with Wardrobe Stylist Jade Rose + Spotlight Interview with The Plaid March 25, 2013
- Creatively Chic – Wrapping it All Up: Homemade Gift Wrap Solutions with Melody Miller March 11, 2013
- Creatively Chic – Making Things on an Extreme ($1!) Budget: Heather Mann of Dollar Store Crafts February 25, 2013
- Creatively Chic – Knit-tastic Mochimochi Land and Inspiration Trove Kollabora.com February 11, 2013
- Creatively Chic – The Crafting Tool that Does EVERYTHING January 28, 2013
- Creatively Chic – The Importance of a Crafting Community January 14, 2013
- Creatively Chic – Where is a DIY Beginner to Start? December 31, 2012
- Creatively Chic – Getting Monthly Inspiration in the Mail with Whimseybox December 17, 2012