Host: Ann Mody Lewis Ph.D.
Mysteries intrigue us, befuddle us and sometimes cause us a lot of pain. “Exploring Gender Mysteries” touches all of us without exception. Our guests are often real people talking about their real experiences, helping us to untangle the mysteries gender creates “within” you and amongst us. You’ll understand why husbands and wives live as intimate strangers; why men feel pressure to be “masculine”; why women internalize the “shame” of aging, weight and abuse, and many other gender mysteries which often control our lives. Our only freedom is knowing what it does, so we can undo the damage and recreate our lives in peace. This conversation is the cure. Get involved today, so you can look into the future with optimism.
Whenever women have to respect their right to speak, to leave an unhappy relationship to be happy they experience intense inner turmoil. They question the “right” to exercise their choices. The ending of a relationship is the greatest cause of depression among women…even if it’s unhealthy. Dr. Lewis will examine the reasons for this inner turmoil. Her guest is Margi, … Read more about this episode...
Previous EpisodesView All Past Episodes of Exploring Gender Mysteries
Exploring Gender Mysteries with Ann Mody Lewis Ph.D.
Ann Lewis Ph.D. is a licensed mental health counselor in the state of Florida, with a private practice that promotes healing from within; she has over 23 years clinical experience counseling individuals, couples, and groups. She is the founder of Women’s Journey, Inc.
This former educator is a dynamic mental health counselor. Ann has also developed psychological programs that train professionals in clinical expertise. She is a well-known lecturer who has received media recognition for her clear and innovative thought relating to gender socialization issues.
She is an effective communicator with strong skills in relationship development, gender education, conflict resolution, and group processing. Lewis possesses an enthusiastic and creative spirit that is committed to empowering others.
She has a Ph.D. in psychology from Fairfax University, a master’s degree in Applied Psychology and an Education Specialist Degree from Nova Southeastern. Ann additionally spent seven years of intensive spiritual training. She is owner of A. Lewis & Associates, P.A., a center for Mental Health, which is located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. She is a member of the American Counseling Association and the Florida Counseling Association. Ann lives and works in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Exploring Gender Mysteries - Choosing Happiness April 29, 2013
- Exploring Gender Mysteries - Money Management the Second Time Around April 15, 2013
- Exploring Gender Mysteries - Is Francis a “Pope of Hope?” March 25, 2013
- Exploring Gender Mysteries - “Sexual Addiction is Recovery from what?” March 11, 2013
- Exploring Gender Mysteries - “Recovering from Sexual Addiction” A man shares his story. March 4, 2013
- Exploring Gender Mysteries - “Journey of a ‘Left-Handed’ Woman” February 7, 2013
- Exploring Gender Mysteries - Women in Leadership” January 30, 2013
- Exploring Gender Mysteries - “Healing from the Broken People” December 31, 2012
- Exploring Gender Mysteries - “Women Priests..(not a mistake)…a Blessing” December 17, 2012
- Exploring Gender Mysteries - “Thinking Your Body Strong” December 3, 2012
- Exploring Gender Mysteries - “Women and Money in the 21st Century” November 19, 2012
- Exploring Gender Mysteries - “Motherhood without Marriage” October 29, 2012
- Exploring Gender Mysteries - Is Life Pressing-Down on You? October 15, 2012
- Exploring Gender Mysteries - Can I be a “good-mother” and a “whole-person”? September 16, 2012
- Exploring Gender Mysteries - “Fuck” is a Famous Word. September 3, 2012
- Exploring Gender Mysteries - Looking for a ‘man’ but only finding ‘boys’. August 19, 2012
- Exploring Gender Mysteries - A wife’s Recovery from her Husband’s Sexual Addiction August 5, 2012
- Exploring Gender Mysteries - The Trap of Feeling Too Responsible July 23, 2012
- Exploring Gender Mysteries - The “Friends’ Zone”: Clarity or Confusion July 9, 2012
- Exploring Gender Mysteries - Lack of Communication stops the “blood-flow” of a relationship June 18, 2012
- Exploring Gender Mysteries - How real is inner conflict? June 4, 2012