Host: Dr. Jackie Black
If you think your marriage is in trouble, it probably is. Falling in love is easy. Staying in love can be more challenging than you ever imagined. Marriages don’t suddenly crumble and fall apart. Tiny and not-so-tiny cracks and fissures occur over time that go undetected or unattended for months, and sometimes for years!
Over time there are many assaults on your hopes and dreams of “…happily ever after.” And then, for some reason, you notice – you are a Couple In Trouble. If you’d like to stop the chaos and seriously build the happy relationships you’ve always wanted, then you are in the right place.
Join your Host, Dr. Jackie Black, an internationally recognized Couples in Trouble Relationship Expert. Dr. Jackie sits down with authors and experts every week to discuss the important issues related to love and marriage. You’ll be entertained while you will get solid information and the skills, tools and strategies that will help you get your marriage and relationships out of trouble fast and back on track so you can have the life and love life you want and deserve.
Just Between Us – How Important is it to Date Your Type? Or is it more Important To Explore Your Non-Type?
Dating to find your ideal partner can be exhausting, expensive and frustrating. Most people don’t understand that dating is a process with a beginning, a middle and an end. Both men and women get caught up focusing on what the person they are dating thinks about them. Wouldn’t it be better to figure out who […]
Just Between Us with Dr. Jackie Black
Meet Dr. Jackie
Jackie Black, Ph.D., BCC, named by COSMO as one of their most beloved international love gurus, knows that “Love is NOT enough!”
Dr. Jackie believes that Love + Self-knowledge + Partner-knowledge + the Essential Relationship Success Skills = a Happy, Lasting Marriage. In addition to working with her private clients through her Marriage Coaching Programs (http://www.drjackieblack.com/hire-dr-jackie/marriage-coaching-programs-overview/) and in regularly scheduled, weekly sessions, Dr. Jackie is an author, speaker and long-time relationship educator and marriage coach.
She is a popular Internet syndicated columnist, a highly regarded relationship blogger (http://www.askdrjackie.com) and podcaster, a frequent guest expert on radio throughout the world and on the Internet; and is regularly cited in major magazines in the U.S. and abroad.
Dr. Jackie developed “MYMARRIAGECOACH,” an easy-to-use free app (available in the Apple Store and Google Play) that is a valuable resource for couples regardless of how long they have been married or what is (or isn’t) going on in the marriage.
Dr. Jackie’s Marriage Coaching Programs
Dr. Jackie offers relationship education and marriage coaching to Couples in Trouble who are serious about doing what it takes to stay together through her Marriage Coaching Programs: Half-Day Marriage Intensive, Full-Day Marriage Intensive and 2-Day, Destination Marriage Retreat.
In these Marriage Coaching Programs you and your partner will become (more) conscious of both the positives and negatives that drive the relational dynamics in your marriage; you’ll stop the emotional and relational downward spiral; and find new answers and acquire new skills to get your marriage back to being loving and strong.
Your Marriage Coach is your personal trainer for your relationship! Working with a professional marriage coach on a regular basis will move you through the stuck places much more quickly; and will provide an energized, creative and exciting place to learn, practice and master the Essential Relationship Success Skills. Marriage Coaching will shorten your learning curve; and will deepen and enliven your attention and intention to your Self, your partner and your relationship! Your Marriage Coach is your partner and champion supporting you to build or rebuild the life that you love with the love of your life!
Dr. Jackie’s Books
Dr. Jackie is the author of the comprehensive Cracking-the-Code series of relationship-focused books.
• LOVE Like a Black Belt: Cracking the code to being a happy couple is co-authored with Jim Bouchard. This book is the ultimate guide for committed couples to build a strong, respectful and lasting love-relationship based on learning, practicing and mastering the essential relationship success skills as discussed by Dr. Jackie, while staying true to the core characteristics of the Black Belt Mindset as discussed by Jim Bouchard.
• Couples & Money: Cracking the code to ending the #1 conflict in marriage is a must-read for relationship-minded singles as well as for couples, and focuses on managing your money with your partner and building wealth which are basic fundamental requirements of a healthy, committed couple.
• Dr. Jackie’s best-selling dating book, Meeting Your Match: Cracking the code to successful relationships, is the definitive guide that takes the reader through the process of meeting and dating in a straightforward and practical way.
• People Talking: Cracking the code to being understood is scheduled for release soon.
A Personal Message To You From Dr. Jackie
I bring a unique combination of academic expertise and training, as well as personal experience to my Marriage Coaching clients, Podcast listeners and Blog readers. I was married right out of college, divorced for many years when my children were young, met and married Mark, the love of my life, and lived happily ever-after until his death from cancer in 2005. I am “Nana” to twins who have enriched my life beyond measure.
I am passionate about co-creating the coach-client relationship, which is the foundation of this vigorous change process we call coaching. I am the advocate for the relationship and the holder of the possibilities for every couple I am privileged to work with.
Weaving the textures of your life experience with those of another, to create a fabric richer than your wildest expectations, is possible!
Contact Dr. Jackie
Schedule your complimentary We’re Ready to Get Out of Trouble Session and speak with Dr. Jackie about how she can help. Email Dr. Jackie.
- Just Between Us – How Important is it to Date Your Type? Or is it more Important To Explore Your Non-Type? November 23, 2015
- Just Between Us – Family Talk: A Powerful Way to Build and Strengthen Family Relationships November 16, 2015
- Just Between Us – Everything You Wish You Knew About Love, Sex and Intimacy But Never Learned November 9, 2015
- Just Between Us – Get Ready. Get Set. Go! Change Your Relationship with Money Today November 2, 2015
- Just Between Us – Hitting the Reset Button On What Is Means to Be Getting Older and Living in Your Post-retirement Years October 26, 2015
- Just Between Us – Must-Know Secrets for Couples About Retirement October 19, 2015
- Just Between Us – Falling in Love is Easy: Top Tips For Staying In Love Forever – 2 Minutes at a Time October 12, 2015
- Just Between Us – A Frank, Eveything-You-Should-Know Conversation About Cheating October 5, 2015
- Just Between Us – Bet You Think Effective Communication is All About Talking: Think Again and Get the Real Truth About Effective Communication September 28, 2015
- Just Between Us – Love is NOT Enough: The Rest of What You Must Know For a Lasting, Happy Relationship September 14, 2015
- Just Between Us – How To Go Through a Divorce and Not Be Completely Wrecked When It Is Over September 7, 2015
- Just Between Us – Whatever You Believe is True About Money Is: Change Your Relationship With Money and Change Your Whole Life August 31, 2015
- Just Between Us – Secrets to STOP Arguing with Your Partner August 24, 2015
- Just Between Us – Turning the Page on Problem Solving to Finding Your Charism (Yes, YOURS!) August 17, 2015
- Just Between Us – Top Secrets of Successful Online Dating August 10, 2015
- Just Between Us – Beware: How You Show Up When You Date Is a Good Indicator of How You Will Show Up in a Relationship August 3, 2015
- Just Between Us – The Secrets to the Mindset and Skills that Make Marriage Work July 27, 2015
- Just Between Us – The Secrets to Being a Successful Mom to a Teenaged Daughter July 20, 2015
- Just Between Us – Time to Start Thinking About What and How You Are Thinking July 13, 2015
- Just Between Us – More Empathy Please: The Art and Science of Non-violent, Compassionate Communication July 6, 2015
- Just Between Us – When Your Partner is Addicted: The Web of Heartbreak and the Possibilities of Recovery June 29, 2015
- Just Between Us – Let Your Struggles Catapult You to Your Greatness June 22, 2015
- Just Between Us – Make Divorce Your Last Resort Not Your First Option June 15, 2015
- Just Between Us – Love, Sex and Monogamy: The Biologist and Psychologist Duke it Out June 8, 2015
- Just Between Us – Are You Ready to Make Your Marriage Your Greatest Adventure? June 1, 2015
- Just Between Us – Change Your Mind, Change Your Love Life: The Differences Between Men and Women You Must Understand May 18, 2015
- Just Between Us – Great Sex: Don’t Think For a Minute That Happens Only In Your Body May 4, 2015
- Just Between Us – Its You And Its Me Too: Stopping the Cycle of Relationship Dysfunction April 20, 2015
- Just Between Us – It All Begins with You and Knowing What You Want April 6, 2015
- Just Between Us – Are Women Really In Charge of Choosing Love? March 23, 2015
- Just Between Us – Should I Stay or Should I Go? March 9, 2015
- Just Between Us – How Would Your Life Be Different If You Changed Just One Thing? February 23, 2015
- Just Between Us – Valentine’s Day Is Coming: Excited About Celebrating Together or Dreading the Inevitable Disappointment? February 9, 2015
- Just Between Us – If You Want To Find a Partner Who’s a Great Match, Show Up and Be Who You Really Are January 26, 2015
- Just Between Us – Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Feelings and Were Afraid to Ask January 19, 2015
- Just Between Us – The Holidays Are Anything But Happy When You’re Grieving the Loss of a Loved One December 15, 2014
- Just Between Us – Cool Your Anger Hot Button & Heat Up Your Love Connection December 1, 2014
- Just Between Us – The BIG Difference Between Talking and Communicating November 17, 2014
- Just Between Us – Send Your Emotional Baggage Packing And Put the Loving Feelings Back in Love Relationships November 3, 2014
- Just Between Us -What You Don’t Know and Need to Know About Your Totally Amazing Brain and Recovering From Mild Traumatic Brain Injury October 27, 2014
- Just Between Us – Who Am I Now That There Is No Longer WE? October 20, 2014
- Just Between Us – Stepping Out of Your Comfort Zone: Being GUTSY is the New Normal September 22, 2014
- Just Between Us – Best Kept Secrets of a Fulfilling Marriage Revealed September 8, 2014
- Just Between Us – When It Feels Like the Schoolyard Bully Has Shown Up in Your Life, Grab the Bull by the Horns August 18, 2014
- Just Between Us – All About Divorce: When It’s Time To Hit the Reset Button So You Can Advocate and Choose for YOU August 4, 2014
- Just Between Us – Less Work and More Play for Better, Closer, Happier Marriages July 21, 2014
- Just Between Us – Great Sex: Don’t Think For a Minute That Happens Only In Your Body July 7, 2014
- Just Between Us – Masculine and Feminine Energies: Could They Be More Misunderstood? June 23, 2014
- Just Between Us – Successful Dating Is an Inside Job and Has Noting to Do With Where to Go to Meet Ms. or Mr. You-Are-Perfect-For-Me June 9, 2014
- Just Between Us – If You Think You Can’t Change the Energy (or Lack of It) in Your Marriage – Think Again! May 26, 2014
- Just Between Us – Making Yourself a Priority is Not Selfish; Its Self-ness May 6, 2014
- Just Between Us – Feelings of grief and loss are legitimate if someone dies. Most people get that. April 28, 2014
- Just Between Us – Who Am I Now That There Is No Longer WE April 7, 2014
- Just Between Us – Dating is More About YOU Than About Him: It still starts and Ends with You March 17, 2014
- Just Between Us – Your #1 Job is to Love Your Kid -No Matter What March 3, 2014
- Just Between Us – Where Have All the Good Men Gone February 17, 2014
- Just Between Us – Stop Complaining and Start Spelling It Out For Your Man (And Yourself) February 3, 2014
- Just Between Us – How to Make Dating Less Like Russian Roulette and More Like You Have Insider Information January 20, 2014
- Just Between Us – Must-Know Strategies to Being GREAT Parents During a Not-So-Great Divorce January 6, 2014
- Just Between Us – What Every Woman Should Know About HER Own Sexual Energy and Sexual Psychology December 23, 2013
- Just Between Us – The Key to Saying NO! to Other People’s Bad Behavior December 9, 2013
- Just Between Us – Is it time to Change But You Don’t Know Quite What to Change? The Secrets For Your Archeological Dig November 18, 2013
- Just Between Us – I Don’t Need a Matchmaker: I Can Do It myself November 4, 2013
- Just Between Us – Want to Be Married? Then Have Marriage on Your Mind October 21, 2013
- Just Between Us – Why Can’t Relationships Just Be Easy? October 7, 2013
- Just Between Us – What Do Women Want Men To have More Of and Men Wish Women Had Less Of? September 23, 2013
- Just Between Us – Can You Really Find or Be THE Perfect Mate? September 9, 2013
- Just Between Us – Get Ready for Better Marriages: Must-have Resources for Vibrant, Lifelong Relationships August 19, 2013
- Just Between Us – STOP Avoiding Those Tough Conversations: Step-up and Say What You Mean July 29, 2013
- Just Between Us – Being Successful in Love Has Everything to Do With Being Smart July 15, 2013
- Just Between Us – Reignite The Spark After Baby is Born: Redefining Romance July 1, 2013
- Just Between Us – What You Don’t Know and Need to Know About Your Totally Amazing Brain and Recovering From Mild Traumatic Brain Injury June 17, 2013
- Just Between Us – There IS An Alternative to Medicating Kids With Learning, Behavior and Mood Challenges That Works! June 3, 2013
- Just Between Us – When Someone You Love is Diagnosed With Cancer: A Blueprint for a Different Response May 20, 2013
- Just Between Us – End Sexual Boredom in Your Marriage: The Secrets to Creating All the Intimacy You Want April 8, 2013
- Just Between Us – Dating Is Serious Business: You Make the Rules Because the Old Rules Don’t Work Anymore March 25, 2013
- Just Between Us – Re-Write the End of Your Story of Childhood Sexual Abuse March 18, 2013
- Just Between Us – Step-Parenting: Top Strategies to Kill Off the EVIL Step-Mother Forever! February 11, 2013
- Just Between Us – Can You Really Re-ignite Passion Once It’s Gone? January 28, 2013
- Just Between Us – Where Have All the Real Men Gone? January 14, 2013
- Just Between Us – Forgive Me; Forgive Me Not: Good Reasons to Forgive and What to Know Before You Do December 31, 2012
- Just Between Us – Love is NOT Enough For a Happy Marriage: Exploring the Question WHO AM I December 17, 2012