Host: Paul McLoughlin
Intelligent interviews with business authors, experts, savants, and gurus. Recommended For All Who Work. Listen-In to sound advice, not sound bites. Paul McLoughlin, aka “The Work Wonk”, talks management, leadership and employment with thought leaders, trust agents, doers and thinkers. Factual, informative, and entertaining discourse on the business issues of the day to help you with your work life.
World 3.0 – Global Prosperity and How to Achieve It. Pankaj Ghemawat offers a completely new way of looking at globalization with emphasis on data-driven facts and focus on geographic proximity. It is too simple to say the world is flat or that protectionism should dictate national priorities. World 3.0 offers compelling evidence that we are in fact in … Read more about this episode...
Previous EpisodesView All Past Episodes of McLoughlin At Work
McLoughlin At Work with Paul McLoughlin
Yangbo Du, 20-something, is a social media entrepreneur and social business architect, connecting people to empower and impel for positive impact. As a StartingBloc Social Innovation Fellow, he is a de facto curator of content on social innovation, global economic development and environmental sustainability. Yangbo conducted research in energy and the environment over a six-year period at University of Illinois-Chicago, University of Chicago and MIT, from which he recently graduated. Among other initiatives, Yangbo is a co-founder of Mediawire, a SaaS platform for content creation, curation, discovery and marketing. He gets it.
Ed Lehner, Ph.D., 40-something, is an educator by training and disposition. His academic interests at NYU, Columbia, and CUNY centered on how technology can empower people and change their lives. Ed has redirected that pedagogy to the online business community, using social media in business to direct technology-assisted learning and market execution. Lehner has replaced traditional forms of business communication with powerful online tools and a social media vernacular to reach, communicate, and sell. In Mediawire, Ed continues research on how business can deploy social media to change the trajectory and velocity of an enterprise’s growth. He’s got it.
Bob Burke, 50-something, is a videographer with an academic background in Fine Arts and Music Composition (Fordham University, Queens College) and a keen interest in sports. For years he was a music composer/producer for a commercial music production company based in New York and later an independent music composer and producer for network and syndicated sports and entertainment television and radio. He developed an expertise in capturing young athletes and theater artists on film to augment college scholarship applications. Bob is co-head of Blind Dog Video, a video production company that scripts, directs, edits and produces video for online content marketing. Sees it.
Paul McLoughlin, 60-something, is a serial re-inventor…of himself. As co-head of Blind Dog Video, Paul brings over 40 years of academic pedigree (Georgetown-English, Columbia-Business), world experience (global sailor, Army Engineer), senior manager in health care and financial services (Columbia, Cornell, Salomon Brothers), executive coach, management consultant, Internet Radio Host…to the successful integration of video into social media for business. Blind Dog Video provides the visual medium for enhanced content marketing, intelligently rendered for SEO. In the broader context of Mediawire as an online educational platform, video is the kinetic teaching tool used to engage, entertain, and inform. Getting it.
- McLoughlin At Work – “World 3.0″ with Pankaj Ghemawat June 20, 2011
- McLoughlin At Work – “Salary Tutor” with Jim Hopkinson March 2, 2011
- McLoughlin At Work – “The Talent Masters” with Bill Conaty November 8, 2010
- McLoughlin At Work – Duncan Leadership Institute and Flip the Funnel April 19, 2010
- McLoughlin At Work – Back of the Napkin and Commodity Trap February 4, 2010
- McLoughlin At Work – College Athletics and Flying January 24, 2010
- McLoughlin At Work – Marketing 101: Updated December 24, 2009
- McLoughlin At Work – Curses and Introverts December 7, 2009
- McLoughlin At Work – Old Book (1925), New Book (Now) November 9, 2009
- McLoughlin At Work – Brain and Simple October 21, 2009
- McLoughlin At Work – Madoff and Keynes – Together September 29, 2009
- McLoughlin At Work – The Business Plan + After The Fall September 21, 2009
- McLoughlin At Work – Coaching-Strategic and Personal September 7, 2009
- McLoughlin At Work – The Brain and Collaboration August 10, 2009
- McLoughlin At Work – $20 per Gal. Chris Steiner July 13, 2009
- McLoughlin At Work – Randy Jones + Jet Cabins June 22, 2009
- McLoughlin At Work – Spiegel and Moeller June 8, 2009
- McLoughlin At Work – Hogarth and Merrifield May 24, 2009
- McLoughlin At Work – Four-for: Websites, Mocks, and Airline Cabins May 18, 2009
- McLoughlin At Work – Two-for: Elton and Erlandson May 11, 2009
- McLoughlin At Work – Rob Rosen The Catalyst May 4, 2009
- McLoughlin At Work – With Jason Jennings – Hit the Ground Running April 27, 2009
- McLoughlin At Work – WORLD WIDE RAVE!!!! The new new rules of PR over the Web with David Meerman Scott. April 20, 2009
- McLoughlin At Work – Discovery-Driven Growth – A Process to Reduce Risk and Seize Opportunity…for Businesses Large and Small April 13, 2009
- McLoughlin At Work – The Power of Who: Everything and everybody that you need to know, you already know. April 6, 2009
- McLoughlin At Work – POW! Right Between The Eyes. All About the Power of SURPRISE in business. March 30, 2009
- McLoughlin At Work – EARTH: The Sequel. Learn from the Environmental Defense Fund leadership about 'cap and trade' and nuts and bolts of reinventing energy. March 23, 2009
- McLoughlin At Work – Getting China and India Right – ambitious, intelligent discussion – huge subject matter, ably presented. March 16, 2009
- McLoughlin At Work – Branding, Identity, and Innovation in these troubled times. What should BRANDS do? March 9, 2009
- McLoughlin At Work – How working couples CAN HAVE lT ALL by SHARING IT ALL. An ideal, sure, but not a bad goal. March 2, 2009
- McLoughlin At Work – Why Every Extraordinary Business is Driven by Purpose, on purpose. February 16, 2009
- McLoughlin At Work – The Gallup Organization – Strengths Based Leadership with author Barry Conchie. Lead with your long suit and learn why. February 10, 2009
- McLoughlin At Work – Think and Grow Rich, Napoleon Hill. It's a classic. February 3, 2009
- McLoughlin At Work – The 100 Best Business Books of All Time – The Ultimate List from 800.CEO.READ January 27, 2009
- McLoughlin At Work – Who – Select your team with care. Share your expectations. January 19, 2009
- McLoughlin At Work – Capturing the People Advantage: Thought Leaders on Human Capital. All about HR in 2009. January 12, 2009
- McLoughlin At Work – Upwardly Mobile, a GPS for Your Career, a great way to start the New Year. Listen in and go to UpMo.com. January 5, 2009
- McLoughlin At Work – 2008 in Review and "Best of…" with Martin Lindstrom on neuromarketing December 29, 2008