Host: Mark Spivak
Join Mark Spivak on Quench! each week for an irreverent and entertaining glimpse into the worlds of wine and the cocktail culture. You’ll hear Bizarre Beverage News (a roundup of the week’s quirky and inexplicable alcohol stories), interviews with cutting-edge winemakers, distillers, bartenders and sommeliers, and new ideas on how to pair wine and spirits with food. Enter a pretense-free zone where you can explore concepts for researching, buying and drinking your favorite libations. Quench! Will refresh and restore your passions for drinking.
Burgundy has the reputation of being the hardest wine region in the world to understand, as well as being a notoriously closed society—a place where upwards of one dozen generations of the same family have worked the same parcels of land for centuries. With that background, consider the amazing saga of Alex Gambal. Alex went to Burgundy with his family … Read more about this episode...
Previous EpisodesView All Past Episodes of Quench!
Quench! with Mark Spivak
Mark Spivak is an award-winning writer specializing in wine, spirits, food, restaurants and culinary travel. He was the wine writer for the Palm Beach Post from 1994-1999, and was honored by the Academy of Wine Communications for excellence in wine coverage “in a graceful and approachable style.” Since 2001 has been the Wine and Spirits Editor for the Palm Beach Media Group, as well as the restaurant critic for Palm Beach Illustrated. His work has appeared in National Geographic Traveler, Robb Report, Art & Antiques, Men’s Journal, the Continental and Ritz-Carlton magazines, Arizona Highways and Newsmax. From 1999-2011 he hosted Uncorked! Radio, a highly successful wine talk show on the Palm Beach affiliate of National Public Radio.
Mark is the author of Iconic Spirits: An Intoxicating History, published in November 2012 by Lyons Press (an imprint of Globe Pequot). In the book, he profiles the 12 spirits that changed the world and forged the cocktail culture, and tells their untold stories.
- Quench! - An American in Burgundy May 20, 2013
- Quench! - A Glass of Madeira, My Dear May 13, 2013
- Quench! - Charles Krug and the Mondavi Family Legacy May 5, 2013
- Quench! - Sake April 29, 2013
- Quench! - Alinea and The Avairy April 22, 2013
- Quench! - Charles Krug and the Mondavi Family Legacy April 15, 2013
- Quench! - Beaujolais Nouveau and Real Beaujolais April 8, 2013
- Quench! - Brunello di Montalcino April 1, 2013
- Quench! - Scott Schiller and the Legacy of Joe Danno March 25, 2013
- Quench! - Wine Label Design March 18, 2013
- Quench! - Flavored Vodka March 11, 2013
- Quench! - Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte and Bodega Diamandes March 4, 2013
- Quench! - Tequila Partida February 25, 2013
- Quench! - Riedel Stemware February 18, 2013
- Quench! - 021113 February 11, 2013
- Quench! - 020413 February 4, 2013
- Quench! - 012813 January 28, 2013
- Quench! - 012113 January 21, 2013