Host: Dr. David Kenneth Waldman
Around the world, children hope for a healthier life yet go to bed hungry. Girls walk miles every day to retrieve clean water, and children dream of an opportunity to get an education. The Global Child gives a voice to vulnerable children, their challenges rights, equality and justice. Host David Kenneth Waldman inspires conversations of promise with a diverse range of experts from civil society and the UN. You’ll hear from educators, governmental officials and child advocates, talking about innovative ideas and solutions for positive social change. Whether you’re a parent or a policy maker, a youth, or an educator, active in children rights, or learning about it for the first time, listen and help us change the world.
In the second part of our conversation with Dr. Olga Zbarskaya, she emphasized the importance of various creativity training’s for educators and other professionals and delves deeper to discuss the physiological mechanisms and limitations associated with creativity. Dr.Zbarskaya shares her vision on multiple issues related to creativity: stereotypes, mind predictions, self-determination, mind stimulation, patterns formation, paths to invention, creativity and … Read more about this episode...
Previous EpisodesView All Past Episodes of The Global Child
The Global Child with Dr. David Kenneth Waldman
As an educator, consultant, publisher and author, Dr. David Kenneth Waldman is a social entrepreneur and recognized expert in sustainable educational development for children. He is an author and publisher of curriculum, journals and children’s literature. In 2002, Waldman founded an international nongovernmental organization, 501c3, called “To Love Children Educational Foundation International Inc. (TLC)” which is also registered as an NGO in Uganda and Kenya. In 2006, TLC attained Special Consultative status to the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations.
Waldman has spoken at the UN Commission on the Status of Women. He has written statements on gender justice and education for all girls which have been accepted and published in all UN languages. Recently, his paper entitled “Understanding Democratic Governance and its Effect on Educational Development Policy” has been accepted for presentation at the “International Conference on Democratic Governance: Challenges in Africa and Asia” at Cheyney University of Pennsylvania.
Waldman’s approach to education is transdisciplinary, including real world experience of community based nonprofit organizations. Finally, Dr. Waldman participates in numerous online and in person UN conferences and ministerial meetings to inform from a gender justice and gender equality perspective. He is dedicated to creating sustainable educational development opportunities in the developing world for girls who are marginalized, poor and invisible.
Dr. David Kenneth Waldman received; a Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education in 1976, Queens College, Queens, NY, Masters of Arts in International Relations in 2001, Golden Gate University San Francisco, CA and a Ph.D. in Public Policy and Public Administration specializing in International Nongovernmental Organizations, Walden University in 2011. When not working Waldman loves to travel and has been to 44 countries, read and watch British comedy.
- The Global Child – The Creative Process: A Conversation with Dr Olga Zbarskaya Part II February 24, 2014
- The Global Child – The Creative Process: A Conversation with Dr Olga Zbarskaya Part I February 17, 2014
- The Global Child – Kids be Aware: A Conversation with Dr Susan Ruiz January 20, 2014
- The Global Child – Through the Eyes of a Volunteer: A Conversation with Annette Scarpitta January 6, 2014
- The Global Child – Giving a Voice through Literature: A conversation with Tatiana Strelkoff November 18, 2013
- The Global Child – Stress and Depression: Global Problem for Youth: A Conversation with Randy Taran Part I November 4, 2013
- The Global Child – Stress and Depression: Global Problem for Youth: A Conversation with Randy Taran Part II October 28, 2013
- The Global Child – Healthy Start: Improving nutrition for children. A conversation with Dr Marilyn K. Simon President of the Board of Directors of Responsibility Inc. September 30, 2013
- The Global Child – Children’s Stories authored by Dr David Kenneth Waldman August 30, 2013
- The Global Child – What I have been through is not who I am August 26, 2013
- The Global Child – Interview with Sarah Nampeera: Ashes to Beauty, working with children with special needs in Uganda. Part 2 June 26, 2013
- The Global Child -Interview with Sarah Nampeera: Ashes to Beauty, working with children with special needs in Uganda. Part 1 June 24, 2013
- The Global Child – A unique opportunity to listen to and interview of the founder and host of The Global Child. May 20, 2013
- The Global Child – Social Change Documentaries: Creating and Exploring Social Documentary Film Making with Laura Seltzer-Duny May 13, 2013
- The Global Child – To Love Children: A Conversation with International Executive Director of To Love Children Monica Oliva April 22, 2013
- The Global Child – Early Childhood Development: A Conversation with Member of Parliament’s Honorable Dr Sam Agatre Okuonzi, Uganda. March 25, 2013
- The Global Child – Health and General Child Welfare: A Member of Parliament’s perspective, Uganda March 18, 2013
- The Global Child – The Millennial Generation: Expectations for Progressive Social Change February 18, 2013
- The Global Child – Classical Music: A gateway to Educational Development January 21, 2013
- The Global Child – Walk in my Shoes: Child Brides December 31, 2012
- The Global Child – 360 Degrees of Learning: Protect our Children December 24, 2012
- The Global Child – Commons for the Common Good: Part 2 November 26, 2012
- The Global Child – Commons for the Common Good: Part 1 November 12, 2012
- The Global Child – The Slums of Kibera: A Preventative Approach to a HIV/AIDS Crisis October 22, 2012
- The Global Child – The Girl Child September 24, 2012
- The Global Child – Thari Ya Bana: Reflections on Children in Botswana September 16, 2012
- The Global Child – Female Friendly Workplaces August 26, 2012
- The Global Child – Keepers of the Children July 30, 2012
- The Global Child – Educating Youth about Human Rights June 25, 2012
- The Global Child – HIV/AIDS: Crisis in America for Children April 23, 2012