Host: Victoria Mavis
No one in life goes undefeated. Some of us face obstacles that seem insurmountable. How can we summon the strength to overcome and press on? For a person with a disability, or a non-disabled person, we will provide a real world approach to facing those obstacles and firing up the inspiration needed to manage adversity. Victoria Mavis and her expert guests will share intimate experiences and stories of triumph. Join us to explore new ways to find the inner strength we need to survive and thrive.
Tragedy to Triumph – In Home Elderly Care services save dignity, families, and helps loved ones maintain independence while being affordable
With people living longer, advance planning is essential to ensure that you can maintain a quality of life into your 80s and 90s. With medical advances, there is an increasing need for alternate in home elderly care services. Sometimes it’s as simple as getting someone to stop by and cook a meal, or pick up a prescription. Other times it … Read more about this episode...
Tragedy to Triumph with Victoria Mavis, SPHR
Victoria Mavis is a speaker and presenter, best-selling author, human resource expert, entrepreneur, and a person with a lifelong disability. Whether in a group conversation or one-to-one, she masterfully taps into intimate experiences that inspire others to uncover their inner strength leading to triumph over adversity. While speaking on stage, her light-hearted dialogue is sprinkled with her signature stories of overcoming adversity including mobility limitations and challenges, childhood bullying, social acceptance, and workforce integration.
As a collaborative author on the recent best-selling book, “Building the Ultimate Network” she contributed her business networking expertise in ‘Commanding the Room.’ Her next collaborative, upcoming creative non-fiction book, “The Couch and the Hairball: How a Disability turns Tragedy into Triumph,” includes hard hitting life tragedies caused when a near fatal accident leaves the main character, Torri, with a lifetime disability. Readers will be inspired when they find themselves in her story, as well as the lives of other characters facing different types of life’s challenges, as they face their obstacles and discover how to summon the strength to press on.
In her personal life, Victoria is known to use her ‘Coffee Conversations’ as a time when she works with others in her community and challenges them to stretch beyond their comfort zones in order to achieve a higher level of personal and professional success.
To learn more about Victoria and her work with employers, visit www.hrknowledgebase.com/hirebeyondthedisability. For information on her speaking programs visit www.victoriamavis.com or contact her at mailto:email@example.com.
- Tragedy to Triumph - In Home Elderly Care services save dignity, families, and helps loved ones maintain independence while being affordable May 20, 2013
- Tragedy to Triumph - Personal Safety in the aftermath of the Boston Marathon Bomb attack May 6, 2013
- Tragedy to Triumph - Teacher Strategies to Motivating Students April 15, 2013
- Tragedy to Triumph - Writing a book when I never intended to be an author April 1, 2013
- Tragedy to Triumph - Business sex is sexy, or is it the red shoes? March 18, 2013
- Tragedy to Triumph - Survivors of abuse speak out to receive healing from their past March 4, 2013
- Tragedy to Triumph - Breaking the family tree from the seat of a power chair February 19, 2013
- Tragedy to Triumph - What Does Africa have to do with Breast Cancer Recovery? February 4, 2013
- Tragedy to Triumph - Triumphing after a parent’s worst nightmare January 21, 2013
- Tragedy to Triumph - Repurposing your Life for 2013 January 7, 2013