Each week, Host Peter Wood gets the scoop from hunting industry experts and hunters in the field on the latest high tech gear and gadgets, results and reviews that you can use. Join us to explore exceptional destinations – some familiar and many unknown. Whether you are a big game hunter or are after upland game, predators, turkey or waterfowl – this is your show for essential hunting tactics. Hunt Talk is your real world guide to hunting. So grab your favorite brew, relax, turn it up and get ready for Hunt Talk!
Host Peter Wood talks about some must do items to have a successful deer season in 2012. Why food plots work with trail cameras,. The importance of knowing your firearm or bow. How to get kids to have fun in January outside. He mentions his new ebook coming out .This will also be his last […]
Hunt Talk with Peter Wood
As an award winning outdoor communicator you can say Peter Wood is living his dream. He spends his days talking about his hunting and fishing adventures, trying out new gear and traveling to awesome destinations.
In 2006 Peter founded and hosted the Ripple Outdoors Hunting and Fishing Podcast Show. Now in his fifth year of interviewing experts in the outdoor industry, Peter and Web Talk Radio have joined forces to bring you HUNT Talk; A revealing thirty-minute radio show highlighting big game hunting, waterfowl, upland game, wild turkeys and predator hunting.
Shellbourne Fuels manufactures a line of proprietary Automotive, Marine and off road fuels that are the most progressive in the industry. All of our fuel lines are catalyst based providing approximately 80% R.O.I. and always yield fuel efficiency, reduced fuel system maintenance and environmental benefits.
- Hunt Talk – Must Do Deer Hunting Tips for 2012 Host Peter Wood talks about some must do items to have a successful deer season in 2012. Why food plots work with trail cameras,. The importance of knowing your firearm or bow. How to get kids to have fun in January outside. He mentions his new ebook coming out .This will also be his last ...
- Hunt Talk – Woman Hunter Magazine Editor in Chief Jennifer Brozak goes over what a woman hunter should know to have a successful and safe hunt. Jennifer Brozek, Editor-in-Chief of Woman Hunter Magazine, informs Hunt Talk listeners of the benefits for women hunters who learn how to hunt with the help of a qualified hunting mentor. Also featured: What archery equipment do woman prefer?
- Hunt Talk – Advanced Tree Stand Tactics for Deer Hunters as this season winds down Steve Bartylla talks tree stand tactics for advanced and basic hunters. Discover the best tip on choosing the right tree for your hunt. What do some tree work better than others? Tree stand safety is essential for every hunter. 120511
- Hunt Talk – Moose hunting in Alberta, Mountain Man Adventures Divulges the Do’s and Don’ts Mountain Man Adventures founder Tom Sallows goes over a one the requirements of a one guided moose hunt in Alberta. Using a bow or rifle in some of Alberta’s best hunting grounds available it could be your hunt of a lifetime. In 2012 the Canadian long gun registry should be gone making it easier to ...
- Hunt Talk – Magic Dust illuminates wind direction and blood trails in low or no light conditions Wayne Woolsey divulges the many uses of his Magic Dust to check wind direction or blood trails in low or no light conditions. All natural easy to use during hunts in the rain or snow. Great for illuminating distances, trail markers, tracking blood trails, arrow fletching or tree steps.
- Hunt Talk – Hunt Talk Seminar- Five Essentail Tactics To Keep Deer on Your Property Discover five essential tactics to keep deer on your property during Ripple Outdoors Hunt Talk Host Peter Wood’s seminar talk.
- Hunt Talk – Gary Elliot talks archery tips and tactics when choosing a bow or arrows. Field Editor Gary Elliot discusses arrows and bows choices. Deer hunting tips. How your left over archery equipment can help a veteran.
- Hunt Talk – Crossbow hunting can open up a season of great hunting Excalibur Crossbow Pro Staffer Ken Cull talks crossbow tactics, tips, optics and gear for hunting big game.
- Hunt Talk – Looking for that ultimate portable bow holder to use for hunting or practise? U-Slide Bow Holder inventor and owner Pete Gutowski explains why it works so well to keep your bow within reach when hunting.
- Hunt Talk – How to get close with a Stealth Hybrid 4×4 and what power loader to use on your atv Michael Williams VP Sales Stealth Electric Utility Vehicle reveals the new 72 volt Night Hawk Hybrid side by side 4×4. In the Gear n Gadget segment Keith Adams, Great Day Inc talks about the 250 Power Loader to help get your game loaded.
- Hunt Talk – How the Pros rattle and call BIG Bucks in close Gord Ellis’s senior editor with Ontario Out of Doors demonstrates during his hunting seminar on how to rattle and call in big bucks. The best time to rattle antlers and what deer call works.
- Hunt Talk – Professionally tuned archery equipment performs best, find out why and how from a pro Daniel Bennett pro archery technician with McCoy’s Archery Pro Shop in Marianna, FL explains why a bow performs and how to tune it for accuracy. Whether you use a tradition bow, compound or crossbow they perform better with custom strings set up to each individuals unique arrow lengths and draw weight.
- Hunt Talk – Just Us Hunting is a new hunting show about, you, me and families that hunt together. Friends and families all have stories and memories about our hunt enjoyed together. Just Us Hunting is a show about just that; average hunting trips enjoyed by average families that hunt together. With High-Def cameras and memorable locations for hunting you can be sure every hunt will be divulge the true meaning of hunting with ...
- Hunt Talk – Shiver Shield Cold Weather Gear Shiver Shield Founder and CEO Brian MacFarlane introduces a product especially designed to combat and defeat frigid cold when hunting, fishing or spending time outdoors when it’s freezing out! Listen in to our Shiver Shield Hunt Talk interview to learn how to win a $7200 African hunting trip of a lifetime with Taylor Safaris
- Hunt Talk – Discover out why a custom rifle out performs a stock rifle on the range in the field and in your mind Steve Boswell owner of Boswell Custom Rifles reveals gunsmith secrets on custom rifles and why they outperform stock rifles. Custom rifles cost more than over the counter guns for a reason. As a life long investment you owe it to yourself to shoot and hunt the best you can. Recognize the value of why you ...
- Hunt Talk – Early season mallard set up tactics and cleaning your shotgun the Gunzillia way. Iron Duck Hunting founder Daniel Guyer goes over early season set up tactics for mallards and Lee Morgan of Gunzillia Canada explains the best method to get your shotgun clean the right way. In the USA click on Gunzillia USA website.
- Hunt Talk – Rediscover your hunting passion as new hunter Kristen Monroe tells why she loves to hunt and range finder fundamentals. Kristen Monroe discovers hunting and why she is so passionate about it and Bob Shabaylo of Scorpion Optics on what to look for in a range finder and how to decide what model is for you.
- Hunt Talk – How United Sportsmen Youth Foundation involves young hunters and one great way to save your back with an ATV Power Loader Ace Luciano gets today’s youth involved with the United Sportsmen Youth Foundation to learn the basic of hunting and fishing and save your back this hunting season with a Great Day Inc. Power Loader for your ATV or UTV.
- Hunt Talk – New hunting directory to discover that perfect hunt and how to sight in your gun with just two shots! Amber Yates founder S.W. Base Camp talks about the new hunting directory and pro staff program for special youths. TomCat Garner with the SlammerHI sight in target system and Click Stick Pro enables you to sight in your gun with two shots.
- Hunt Talk – International IBO 3-D Champion’s top tips to win and Setting a Game Trail Camera optimum settings How David McQuaker focused on winning the 2011 IBO 3D Triple Crown National International events and what helped him win. Chase Wendorff’s CEO of UWAY Outdoors Canada tactics in game trail camera settings to get the optimum deer photo.
- Hunt Talk – The three crucial items you need to know before setting up your own BUCK Trap. Why TV Host Jason Peterson of Hunting Canada and Beyond uses an Ozonics for hunting big deer Steve Bailey of Smart Scouter divulges how to make a Buck Trap with a cellular trail camera and Buck Fever synthetic buck attractants and why that licking branch is so crucial. In the Gear n Gadget segment Jason Peterson, host of Hunting Canada and Beyond, discusses the value of using an Ozonics for scent control ...
- Hunt Talk – Six tactics revealed to help defeat a deer’s nose and how to take awesome photos and video Mike Andrews V.P. of Marketing with Scent Lok Clothes talks six simple tactics to help defeat a deer’s nose. CEO Harold Hurst of Agonic Enterprises and the designer of the Stedi-Stock a light-weight sturdy rest that lets you take better video and photos.
- Hunt Talk – Scent Control vs Cover Scent knowing what works best from the inside out and what will neutralize breath odour when hunting. Trophy hunter Tom Doyle explains why you MUST eliminate human odour long before hunting season begins with scent control and elimination tactics that work. In the Gear & Gadget segment Steve Johnson head lab technician with Hunt Wiser explains how their product works to eliminate human breath odour.
- Hunt Talk – Battle with BIG BAD Brazen Nuisance Bear Killed by Bear Wise Hunter Rod Masnica describes how he killed a huge nuisance bear that had occupied the backyard and porch for six hours. With the 2004 cancellation of the Ontario spring bear hunt nuisance calls escalated to over 71, 360 phone reports to the Ministry of Natural Resources by 2010. This was Rod’s third nuisance bear to invade ...
- Hunt Talk – How Does Independence Day and Canada’s Birthday Affect’s Our Hunters Across North America? USA Independence Day and Canada’s birthday are a two great reasons to belong to these national firearm organizations. Hunt Talk guests this week are NRA Board Member Joe DeBergalis Jr. and Jim Newman CEO of the Canadian Firearm Institute. Both talk about the benefits of being a member of these national firearm organizations and why ...
- Hunt Talk – Essential tips to plan a trophy hunt. Patterning big bucks using the W.I.S.E. way Tips on how to plan a trophy hunt with Marc Glades – CEO of Outdoor-Connections. In the Gear n Gadget segment Chad Hensley founder of W.I.S.E. allows hunters to pattern deer more effectively using trail cameras, deer attractants and the weather.
- Hunt Talk – Planning a trophy hunt? Tune in to find out how to do it. Predicting a buck movements just came easier with W.I.S.E. How to plan a trophy hunt with Marc Glades-CEO of Outdoor-Connections. My Grand Slam Gobbler hunt. In the Gear n Gadget segment Chad Hensley founder of W.I.S.E. with his software program to pattern deer according to the weather.
- Hunt Talk – A disabled war veteran reveals what it’s like to learn to hunt again one handed. Discover how the Action Track Chair transports disabled hunters there and back. Josh Williams founder of Dead Drift Flies and one of the first to participate in Project Healing Waters reveals how as disabled war veteran he learned to hunt again after loosing his right arm in an accident. Support groups, friends all help as emotions run deep on his first deer hunt with his dad. In ...
- Hunt Talk – What’s the secret to make bucks hunt you across USA and Canada. What the heck does H.E.C.S. mean and how will it help you defeat an animal’s sixth sense? Jed Speicer Buck Fever USA Marketing Manager gives some tactical tips to attract dominate bucks to your game trail deer camera survey. Find out how to get some free Buck Fever Product in USA and Canada. And inn the Gear & Gadget segment, find out what the heck H.E.C.S means! President Mike Slinkard reveals how ...
- Hunt Talk – How to conduct a game trail camera survey on big bucks and what you need to know before buying those hunting boots QDMA Biologist Kip Adams tells how to conduct a game trail camera survey on deer. Learn the optimum method for discovering what unique bucks are roaming your property. G&G segment feature how to choose a hunting boot and what to look for in quality boot with Steve Graham of Rocky Brand Boots.
- Hunt Talk – Essential questions to ask your head guide BEFORE booking that once in a lifetime hunting trip, and the best way to clean a rifled slug shotgun Alaskan head guide of Pioneer Outfitters Amber-Lee Dibble discusses essential questions to ask your guide before booking that hunt trip of a lifetime. Marketing Manager Brandon Butler with Battenfeld Technologies tells the best way to clean your rifled barreled shotgun.
- Hunt Talk – Why Hunting is a Rite of Passage for Kids and How to sight in your crossbow in under two minutes! From Boys to Men of Heart Author Randall L. Eaton explains why hunting is a rite of passage for kids. TomCat Garner from Slammer Hunting Innovations explains how to sight in your crossbow in under two minutes with the laser bore sighter!
- Hunt Talk – Hunter training for kids and new action target tracker system Lou Lentz DNR volunteer instructer talks about hunter training for kids. Wayne McGregor President of Target Tracker tells about the new action target system.
- Hunt Talk – Moose Madness technology tactics and lightweight sheep hunting gear gets you to the top. Alex Guthros creator of Moose Madness divulges his newest hunting tactic using SpyPoint camera technology. Kuiu Founder Jason Hairstons new cutting edge hunting gear for sheep hunters is revealed.
- Hunt Talk – How to avoid biting bugs and an aching back this Gobbler season Allegra Lowitt V.P. ThermaCell Marketing talks Turkey guns and biting bugs. President Bill Tippens of Quake Industries tells us what to look for when choosing your hunting chair.
- Hunt Talk – Essential Gobbler ground blind set up for video and discover your next hunting sweet spot with a digital map To video your hunt from a ground blind can be challenging on Gobblers or Deer. Steve Perchot’s top video tips eliminate those challenges. Finding your next hunting sweet spot is easy as Paige Darton V.P. of My Topo maps explains the necessary steps.
- Hunt Talk – Post season scouting tactics for Blacktail Deer in the North West Pacific Bowhunting area and how to reduce fuel costs in your hunting truck, ATV and boat. Tom Ryle of North West Pacific Bowhunting talks post season Blacktail tactics. Shellbourne Fuels founder John Shane discusses how to increase fuel mileage in your hunting truck, boat and other outdoor big boy toys.
- Hunt Talk – Grand Slam Turkey hunter reveals essential bow tactics and one thing that will make your bow shoot faster Joella Bates Grand Slam archery hunter reveals her essential bow tactics on Toms. Scorpion Strings co-founder Jeff Shebaylo explains how to make your bow shoot faster.
- Hunt Talk – Drifting down the Klickitat River for Gobblers and a woman’s number ONE reason not to hunt. Drift down the Klickitat River in Washington State hunting for Merriam Turkeys with adventure guide Tracy Zoller. Discover the number one reason why women don’t enjoy hunting as Shelly Rae co- founder of Her Camo Shop tells all.
- Hunt Talk – What the heck is a hideyhole? Dr Grant Woods explains why this could be your best deer tactic. Also learn how to score your trophy deer or gobbler with a cell phone App from Anchor Point Outdoors. Whitetail Deer authority Dr. Grant Woods founder of Growing Deer TV offers his best advice for early spring food plots. Phone App Guru and dedicated hunter Chip Hunnicutt CEO of Anchor Point Outdoors designed a phone app to help score any animal.
- Hunt Talk – Six essential tips for better hunt videos and what one piece of equipment will make or break your video hunt Wired to Hunt Founder Mark Kenyon divulges his essential top six tips to video a hunt. Dean Scott CEO of The 3rd Arm explains what to look for before purchasing a video camera support arm.
- Hunt Talk – Find out why Delta Waterfowl’s Vice President is an avid hunter. Shadowear’s CEO explains what to look for in hunting clothes. Dr. Robert O. Bailey Vice president of Delta Waterfowl is a hunter who knows the value of hunting and conservation. In the Gear & Gadget segment CEO of Shadowear Ben Harvey tells what to look for in quality outdoor hunting clothing.
- Hunt Talk – Discover outdoor cooking secrets of wild game Chef Scott Leysath. Why a Yeti works best to store food and wild game before during and after the hunt You have to get a “Jaccard” declares wild game Chef Scott Leysath the Co-Host of Hunt Fish Cook TV Show. Listen in as he give details on the best tactics to prepare and cook ducks and venison. You won’t want to miss the Gear & Gadget segment as Co Founder of Yeti Cooler Ryan Seiders ...
- Hunt Talk – Three time world champion coyote caller Big Al Morris with Fox Pro Calls gives his go to call. Neil Davies of Hornady tells what predator ammo loads will knock em down dead Fox Pro Calls Pro Staff Al Morris puts on a clinic on what call tactics he uses to get those coyotes in close. Learn why this three time world coyote champion caller knows what works and what doesn’t in high wind situations. In the Gears & Gadgets segment Hornady Marketing Director Neil Davies reveals 2011 newest ...
- Hunt Talk – How to skin a coyote and would you support a $200 bounty on coyotes? Trapping coyotes for over forty years Stewart Ferotte with the Ontario Fur Managers Federation now teaches young trappers the tricks of the coyote trade. Listen in to hear what trap he prefers to use and finding that perfect setup location. Would you like to earn a $200 bounty on each problem coyote you shoot? MPP Bill ...
- Hunt Talk – Learn how to entice trophy bucks to stay on your property Imagine knowing there is a huge buck prowling your property in October. Learn those must do tactics deer management experts use year round to keep deer on your property. What’s the best tool that works 24/7 to keep you informed of that trophy buck?. Learn why Q.D.M.A. will make you a better hunter. Find out how to get your ...
- Hunt Talk – HUNTING FOR DEEP SNOW COYOTES February’s deep snow can challenge any coyote hunter. Location and timing are everything in hunting. Alberta’s far north top predator hunter Kevin Wilson tells you how. What to avoid and what works on those alpha males. Don Sangster explains why two calls are better than one. Why coyotes avoid Litchfield Outdoors in Michigan. If you hunt coyotes in February you’ll need ...