Host: Jani Schulz
From intrepid sea captains to species preservationists Jana of the Jungle brings you the game-changers in the fight to save our planet. You’ll hear about challenges to bureaucracy, environmental conundrums and how international law inhibits what should be common sense decisions. Shining a light from the pristine jungles of Costa Rica, Jana is your go-to resource for all things environmental, join us for a rip roaring ride that will entertain and enlighten.
Previous EpisodesView All Past Episodes of Jana of the Jungle
Jana of the Jungle with Jani Schulz
Jani “Jana” Schulz has been involved in wildlife and environmental causes her entire life dating back to her childhood while growing up on a ranch in Central Texas. Following her career path as a radio/television/film major, Schulz worked as a television announcer, then moved to radio as an on-air personality in markets from Seattle, Washington to Austin, Texas.
After a 10+ year career in radio, Schulz took a job with the Cox Communication owned, Austin-American Statesman Newspaper. As time passed, Schulz needed out “of the box”, and left Cox to publish a National magazine titled Exotic News, devoted to areas of conservation via private ownership. Schulz’s Exotic News quickly launched itself onto the International scene with worldwide distribution including an edition published and printed in Adelaide, Australia.
During her years with Exotic News, Schulz traveled the world from Africa to Asia to South America and beyond, speaking, writing and publishing articles on conservation . On one of these trips, Schulz found herself in the magical land of Costa Rica where she immediately fell in love with the natural beauty of the rainforest and the Costa Rican people. In 1996, Jani and her husband, Jurgen, purchased their first rainforest property on the Osa Peninsula of Costa Rica, which National Geographic describes as the most biologically diverse place on the entire planet.
The rest is history. In 2009, Schulz purchased a National Radio station in Costa Rica, changed the format to talk, and named the station Rainforest Radio, where she continues her life-long quest to bring attention to a more sustainable world.
- Jana of the Jungle – 120213 December 1, 2013
- Jana of the Jungle – 112513 November 25, 2013
- Jana of the Jungle – 111813 November 18, 2013
- Jana of the Jungle – 111113 November 11, 2013
- Jana of the Jungle – 110413 November 4, 2013
- Jana of the Jungle – 102813 October 28, 2013
- Jana of the Jungle – 102113 October 21, 2013
- Jana of the Jungle – 100713 October 7, 2013
- Jana of the Jungle – 093013 September 30, 2013
- Jana of the Jungle – Japan Slaughtering Dolphins in The Cove September 23, 2013
- Jana of the Jungle – Is Costa Rica’s Corcovado National Park an Environmental War Zone September 16, 2013
- Jana of the Jungle – Sea Turtles of the Great Barrier Reef September 9, 2013
- Jana of the Jungle – 090213 September 2, 2013
- Jana of the Jungle – 082613 August 26, 2013