Host: Carl Meibergen
Understanding the vision. Building a supportive team. Taking steps toward and reaching a goal. These are the qualities of a leader. Developing the skill set to lead takes time, patience and naturally practice! There is an art and science to the process, which can be learned and applied. On Leading for Life visionaries and experts will come together to share their ideas and experiences so that you can employ those tactics in your work, at home and at play. Join us for this lively discussion based on real world scenarios that will help you become the leader in your life.
On today’s show, Carl and his guest Gwyn Teatro address the evolving nature of leadership and apply those insights to help individuals gain control of their lives as they move into the future. The discussion ranges from business to personal aspects of marriage and family and offer many specific action steps that you can take […]
Previous EpisodesView All Past Episodes of Leading for Life
Leading for Life with Carl Meibergen
Carl Meibergen, host of Leading for Life Carl’s background comes from educational leadership, having a 35 year career as teacher, coordinator, and principal.
His strong theoretical foundation provides a striking contrast with the reality of life in public education. Using the lessons learned from the structured educational system, he has successfully applied them as a leadership coach.
In 2012 Carl launched Spark the Action a ‘boutique-style’ coaching practice providing personalized, client centered guidance.
Carl believes that there are specific core skills necessary to be an effective leader and that everyone can learn to apply those skills to their own arena of leadership.
Carl has two grown children and is currently enjoying life in southwest Finland. He volunteers at a local school in Finland to assist with English language acquisition and to provide humor as he struggles to learn the Finnish language.
- Leading for Life – Moving into the Future with a Purpose January 27, 2014
- Leading for Life – Blind Spots January 13, 2014
- Leading for Life – “Fear, Apathy, or Anticipation” December 30, 2013
- Leading for Life – The Role of Empathy in Leadership December 23, 2013
- Leading for Life – The Role of Social and Emotional Intelligence in Leadership pt. 1 December 16, 2013
- Leading for Life – Finding Your Passion – pt. 2 December 9, 2013
- Leading for Life – Finding Your Passion – pt. 1 December 1, 2013
- Leading for Life – Leading for Life Premier November 25, 2013