This show is filled with laughter, fun, great guests, and fascinating content for every kind of care giver! Teena believes we are all care givers in some way…at any age or stage, and at home or at work. Teena is a personal caregiver to her husband Brooks, and shows how the best life for every kind of care giver is one of Positively Empowered Leadership….at home and at work.
Nurturing The Nurturers – Eileen Kennedy Moore PhD Author: “Smart Parenting for Smart Kids” Nurturing Your Child’s True Potential (Jossey-Bass/Wiley, February 2011 Release Date)) and of “What About Me?” Twelve Ways to Get Your Parents Attention Without Hitting Your Sister (Parenting Press)
Join Teena and Eileen for fun and laughs as they discuss kids, parents, grandparents, caring for others, and the “value” of sibling squabbles. Teena Cahill, Psy.D.
Nurturing the Nurturers with Teena Cahill
Dr. Teena Cahill, Director of Wisdom and Beyond LLC, is an internationally respected authority on resilient and positively empowered living and leadership. She holds a Doctorate in clinical psychology, a M.S. in counseling, a B.S. in education and is a contributing member of the Luminari Expert Network. Her blog, on enhancing well-being at work and at home can be found at http://bewell.com/Blog.aspx?id=5264&terms=Teena+Cahill a Virtual Social Network, founded by Dr. Nancy Snyderman, Dr. Susan Love, and Elizabeth Browning, C.E.O. Her book, The Cahill Factor: Turning Adversity into Advantage is available at Amazon.com.
Teena believes we all need to see ourselves as leaders and as C.E.Os of our own lives. If we want things to change, we need to know how to change them! We need not be defined by the events that happen in our lives, but rather by our positive response to these events.
We have the power to reframe how we look at things, see our sstrengths, and build on what is right…not what is wrong. Her message is relevant from the board room to the living room… and resonates with audiences of any age or position…especially care givers!
Teena has entertained audiences worldwide by combining her “textbook” knowledge with her humor, transformational energy, and stories from “Real Life Living”. She leaves her audiences laughing, inspired, motivated and armed with ideas for managing stress without distress, enhancing innate resilience, and building “Positive Empowered Leadership” on a platform of self care. Each presentation is custom designed, whether to personal or professional caregiver groups, businesses, educators, women’s programs, health care and wellness events, or fundraisers.
Teena’s educational programs combine research based ideas with stories from her life as a successful businesswoman, mental health professional, mother, step mother, wife, care giver to her husband Brooks (a former Marine Corps fighter pilot and international airline captain, who is now disabled,) and grandmother to 11 joyful grandkids!
- Nurturing The Nurturers – Eileen Kennedy Moore PhD Author: “Smart Parenting for Smart Kids” Nurturing Your Child’s True Potential (Jossey-Bass/Wiley, February 2011 Release Date)) and of “What About Me?” Twelve Ways to Get Your Parents Attention Without Hitting Your Sister (Parenting Press) Join Teena and Eileen for fun and laughs as they discuss kids, parents, grandparents, caring for others, and the “value” of sibling squabbles. Teena Cahill, Psy.D.
- Nurturing The Nurturers – Alice Dolmar, PhD, Co-Author with Susan Love M.D. of “Live A Little” (Crown) Join Teena and Alice, Executive Director of the Dolmar Center for Mind Body Health, Assistant Professor at The Harvard Medical School, and Expert at BeWell.com, the website for healthy living, as they discuss facts and myths about healthy living today.
- Nurturing The Nurturers – Bernadette Gur, VP of the Board of Directors for Contact of Mercer, a crisis intervention and suicide hotline in Mercer Co. N.J. and part of Lifeline International (www.contactofmercer.org) Join Teena and Bernadette for a great conversation about contribution, turning adversity into advantage, the importance of engagement, and how the “wider our webs of connectedness the higher we bounce” really works in each of our lives.
- Nurturing The Nurturers – Margaret Hawkins, Author: “How We Got Barb Back” The book was released this month and found at bookstores across North America or at email@example.com Join Teena and Margaret as they discuss th the story of her sister’s reawakening, after decades, from schizophrenia. This is a great converstaion about leaderhip and hope.
- Nurturing The Nurturers – Week 1041 Week 1041
- Nurturing The Nurturers – Jamie Huysman, MSW, PSY.D. Join Teena and Jamie for a fast paced and freewheeling discussion of compassion fatigue, caregiving, addiction, and whatever else they choose to discuss! Lots of laughs with these two “entertainers” and experienced mental health experts. Teena Cahill, Psy.D. www.drjamie.com www.caregiversin recovery.com
- Nurturing The Nurturers – Salah Qureshi, MD: Staff Psychiatrist, Michael E. Debakey VA Medical Center, Houston, Texas Join Teena and Salah as they discuss his interest in mental health research and his findings as principle investigator of the article, “Greater Prevalence and Incidence of Dementia in Older Veterans with PTSD” (Post-Traumatic Brain Disorder) which was published in the Journal of the American Geriatric Society, September 2010
- Nurturing The Nurturers – Keith Smith, Author, “Men in My Town.” (Amazon) Join Teena and Keith for his story of childhood sexual assault, the reactions of the men in his town, his journey from victim to survivor, and then to a leader in reducing stigma for boys and all children who have experienced sexual assault. For more information on this topic please contact Childhelp ( www.childhelp.org) Childhelp also maintains the The National ...
- Nurturing The Nurturers – Howard Falco, Spiritual Teacher, Speaker and Author Join Teena and Howard for laughs and inspiration as they discuss his new book, to be released Sepetember 2nd, “I AM: The Power of Discovering Who You Really Are” (Penguin/Tarcher)
- Nurturing The Nurturers – Sharon Press, Ph.D Join Teena and clinical psychologist, Dr.Sharon Press, for a fun, facinating and intimate discussion about change, growth, and managing loss. Teena Cahill, Psy.D.
- Nurturing The Nurturers – Dr. Phyllis Marganoff, Diplomate: American Board of Family Psychology, Diplomate: Academy of Family Psychology, Approved Supervisor for the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists. Join Teena and Phyllis for an interesting and wide ranging discussion about “Love in Later Life: Complexeties, Joys, and Pitfalls”
- Nurturing The Nurturers – Author and Intuitive Becky Walsh “Intuitive Lovers” (O Books) Join Teena and Becky for lots of laughs, and two points of view, about men women, and making relationships work. www.intuitivelovers.com
- Nurturing The Nurturers – Author and Psychologist, Dr. Valarie Brooks Klein Join Teena and Dr. Val, author with Irwin Hyman, Ph.D of “School Dicipline: School Violence” (Allyn and Bacon,) as they discuss how to survive and enjoy summertime with the kids. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nurturing The Nurturers – Psychologist and Author, Eileen Kennedy Moore, Ph.D. Join Teena and Eileen as they laugh and discuss ideas from Eileen’s books. “What About Me? How to get your parent’s attention without hitting your sister.” (Parenting Press) “Smart Parenting for Smart Kids: Nurturing Your Child’s True Potential” (Jossey-Bass/Wiley Feb 2011) (www.eileenkennedymoore.com)
- Nurturing The Nurturers – Sherri Goren Slovin, Esq. President: The International Academy of Collaborative Professionals (http://www.collaborativepractice.comcom) Join Teena and Sherri as they discuss the growing field of collaborative law.
- Nurturing The Nurturers – Photographer and author, Phillip Toledano shares stories from his book Photographer and author, Phillip Toledano shares stories from his book, “Days With My Father” (www.dayswithmyfather.com) Join Teena and Phil for lots of laughs, stories of aging parents, adult kids, and how to preserve the memories we cherish.
- Nurturing The Nurturers – Susan Bagyura, “The Visionary Leader: How to Inspire Success from the Top Down” Join Teena and leadership coach Susan Bagyura as they discuss some of the skills it takes to lead a great company, great team or great family! www.thevisionaryleader.com www.susanbagyura.com
- Nurturing The Nurturers – Michelle Sherman, PhD Author: “My Story: Blogs by Four Military Teens” Seeds of Hope Books Join Teena and Dr. Michelle Sherman, Director of the Family Mental Health Program at the Oklahoma City, VA and Professor at the Univ. of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, as they discuss how to support military families.(www.seedsofhopebooks.com) A SALUTE FROM TEENA and MICHELLE TO ALL OUR MILITARY FAMILIES!!!
- Nurturing The Nurturers – Jane Wurwand, C.E.O. and founder of Dermalogica Join Teena and pioneering businesswoman Jane Wurwand as they discuss, mothers, daughters, business and the empowerment of women.
- Nurturing The Nurturers – Judy Belmont, MS, LPC Join Teena and Judy for an insightful conversation as they discuss wellness in the workplace and Judy’s new book to be released this summer, “The Swiss Cheese Theory of Life.” Fun. www.worksiteinsights.com
- Nurturing The Nurturers – Jamie Huyman, Psy.D., Ex. Director and Co Founder of Leeza Gibbons' Memory Foundation Guest: Jamie Huyman, Psy.D., Ex. Director and Co Founder of Leeza Gibbons’ Memory Foundation Author: “Take Your Oxygen First” (Co- authored by Rosemary Laird, MD and Leeza Gibbons.) This book will be released in May Hear Jamie at his web site… www.jamie.com Get ready to rock and roll. Join Jamie and Teena as they “blow through the ...
- Nurturing The Nurturers – US Asst. Secretary for Aging, Kathy Greenlee Join Teena and Sec. Greenlee for a conversation about policy and support for caregivers. Hear about programs in the new Healthcare Reform Act that will support caregivers and care receivers in the future, and about resources the Obama administration and Sec. Greenlee have in place to support caregivers today.(www.eldercare.gov)
- Nurturing The Nurturers – If you are 65 or older, what does it cost you to live in America? Join Teena and Stacy Sanders, Director of the Elder Economic Security Initiative for Wider Opportunities for Women, as they discuss WOW’s work in assembling data on the real cost of living, state by state and county by county, for elders in America. www.wowonline.org
- Nurturing The Nurturers – “Community Health Partnerships” Join Teena and Henry Cruz, Community Health Liaison for Sanofi Aventis’ Community Health Partnership – Bronx, for an intimate and wide ranging discussion on caregiving and the importance of self care.
- Nurturing The Nurturers – “Who’s in Charge: Leadership During Epidemics, Bioterror Attacks, and Other Public Health Crises” Join Teena and Laura Kahn, MD, Research Scholar on Science and Global Security at the Woodrow Wilson School of International and Public Affairs at Princeton University, for a fascinating and informative discussion about the leadership needed to protect public health in a crisis.
- Nurturing The Nurturers – Joyful Rhythms Join Teena and Margarita Gurri, PhD for a fun and informative talk about “getting the work done,” while having a good time…. in all parts of life. www.ShrinkRapInc.com
- Nurturing The Nurturers – Solutions for Consumptive Caregiving Join Teena and Joan Gershman, Founder of the website, www.thealzheimerspouse.com as they discuss how effective caregiving begins with self care.
- Nurturing The Nurturers – A Sparkling Life Join Teena and Eileen Crane, C.E.O. and Founding Winemaker of Domaine Carneros, as they discuss how a “nice girl” from suburban New Jersey became one of the top vinterners in Napa Valley California. www.domainecarneros.com
- Nurturing The Nurturers – “On the Far Side of the Curve: A Stage 4 Cancer Survivors Journey” Join Teena and Wayne Cooke as he shares lessons learned and his inspirational look at life, love, and living with cancer. (“On the Far Side of the Curve” Amazon.com)
- Nurturing The Nurturers – Singer songwriter Elizabeth Rose UNPLUGGED! Join Teena and singer songwriter Elizabeth Rose for a fun and wild ride about life on the road, writing for TV and movies, and her new one woman show at the Cherry lane Theatre. The show closes with Elizabeth’s care giving anthem “Leave Me Alone!” (More music… www.elizabethrosemusic.com, UTube (erose), and at Amazon.)
- Nurturing The Nurturers – Get Happy Now! Join Teena and Author Kristen Houghton for a fun and funny conversation about life,love,laughter and Kristen’s new book, “And then I’ll Be Happy.” (www.andthenillbehappy.com)
- Nurturing The Nurturers – “The Wider our Webs of Connectedness the Higher our Businesses Bounce” Join Teena and Carol Gable, VP for Business Development for the NJ State Chamber of Commerce, as they discuss the importance of relationships in building and maintaining a business…. especially in the tough times. Hear about the chamber’s monthly publication “Enterprise.” (www.njchamber.com)
- Nurturing The Nurturers – Noble Paths…How to find yours! Join Teena and James Davy, Former NJ State Commissioner of Human Services President of James M. Davy Associates, an organizational consulting firm, and author of “Noble Paths (iUniverse), as he tells Teena how he uses stories and positive questioning to help organizations enhance their strengths and clarify their missions. Hint: Start with what is right!
- Nurturing The Nurturers – Who’s In Charge During A Public Health Crisis? Join Teena and Laura Kahn MD, physician and research scholar at the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs at Princeton University. Her book, “Whose In Charge?” talks about the leadership elected officials need to provide during a public health crisis, and reviews past successes and failures during pubic emergencies.
- Nurturing The Nurturers – Live a Little! Susan Love,MD and Alice Domar,PhD (Crown Publishing) Join Teena and Alice, Ex. Director of the Domar Center for Mind Body Health in Boston, and Asst. Professor at Harvard Medical School, as Alice tells Teena about her great new book “Live a Little!” Great fun combined with practical ideas for healthy living.
- Nurturing The Nurturers – Week 1003 Week 1003
- Nurturing The Nurturers – Raising a Left Brain Child in a Right Brain World Join Teena and Katharine Beals, author of Raising a Left Brain Child in a Right Brain World, for an interesting discussion of Dr. Beal’s strategies to enhance learning for this population of students.
- Nurturing The Nurturers – When Faith Becomes an Action Word Join Teena and Paul Jellinek, former Vice President of Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, partner in Isaacs-Jellinek, a non profit consulting firm, (www.isaacs-jellinek) and author of “Promise to Mary” for insightful stories and comments about the value of contribution.