Host: Harold Nicoll
Harold Nicoll is host of the Collector’s Show. Every week, Harold and his guests will explore the world of collecting. From the pedestrian to the exotic, there is so much more to collecting than anyone knows and more types of collections than can be counted. If you already collect something or want to start, this is the show for you. Harold is an expert collector himself and is owner of the popular web site.
This week on The Collectors Show we learn about a tool for collectors called ‘Collectify’. With it, collections can be easily catalogued, their value tracked for registry with insurance companies and legal or family disagreements prevented. In the news segment we learn about a collection of bottles discovered while a freeway was being built among […]
Previous EpisodesView All Past Episodes of The Collector's Show
The Collectors Show with Harold Nicoll
During the day, Harold is employed as a public affairs leader for The Dow Chemical Company. Prior to joining Dow, Harold was an account executive for Hill & Knowlton Public Relations and an account supervisor for Goldman Public Relations. He began his Dow career in Houston, Texas in 1994. Harold has received significant awards and recognition for his contributions to Dow Public Affairs, including: several Hardy Communications Measurement Awards for print advertising, the PRSA’s Regional Proof Award and Diamond Award, both for the “Drive To Zero” employee safety program. In 2005, the employee communications television program “On Site,” produced and directed by Harold, won the Bronze Telly Award. In 2007 Harold won two more Telly Awards, a silver for writing and a bronze for production of the historical documentary, “Remembering 47”. Harold is accredited in Public Relations Practice by The Public Relations Society of America. He has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science and has completed graduate studies in speech/communications, both from The University of Houston. He has a black belt in Tae Kwon Do Karate and continues to study the martial arts.
- The Collectors Show – Collectify This week on The Collectors Show we learn about a tool for collectors called ‘Collectify’. With it, collections can be easily catalogued, their value tracked for registry with insurance companies and legal or family disagreements prevented. In the news segment we learn about a collection of bottles discovered while a freeway was being built among ...
- The Collectors Show – Toys R Us vs. Breaking Bad Collectors This week on The Collectors Show we explore the controversy that erupted when Toys R Us made the decision to ban action figures from the Breaking Bad television series with Daniel Pickett of Action Figure Insider. There was far more to this than ever met the eye and if you are a collector of anything ...
- The Collectors Show – Week of 081814 The Collectors Show - Week of 081814
- The Collector’s Show – Collecting Vacuum Cleaners! What would you say about a collecting hobby that combined cleanliness, the discovery of germs, a royal coronation, the health of sailors during the First World War and an American manufacturing icon? All these dots are connected this week on The Collectors Show. News from the world of collecting and how not to collect coins ...
- The Collector’s Show – Collecting Fruit Crate Labels A former California Department of Agriculture employee has turned his hobby of collecting fruit crate labels into a business. Dwayne Rogers is the owner of “The Label Man” site and is the guest on The Collectors Show, which can be heard on Web Talk Radio. At the top of the show is news from the world ...
- The Collector’s Show – Collecting Mount Washington Glass This week on The Collectors Show we are joined by Jay Rogers. Jay is the owner of Rose Colored Glass in Atlanta, GA. Jay is an expert in the field of Mount Washington Glass. You can read more about Mt. Washington Glass at http://www.journalofantiques.com/apr05/featureapr05.htm. Jay is also helping to organize the “Mega Glass Convention 2011″, ...
- The Collector’s Show – “News Clips and Computer Collecting” “The curator of collections at the “Newseum” (http://www.newseum.org/) in Washington D.C. introduces us to newspaper clipping and preservation. Later in the show, Dag Spicer from The Computer Museum (http://www.computerhistory.org/) describes over 100,000 pieces in the collection there and collecting computers.”
- The Collector’s Show – ‘WEIRD BIRD PHOTOGRAPHY” This week on The Collector’s Show we introduce “Weird Bird” photography with Doug Wechsler, Director of VIREO at The Academy of Natural Sciences and musical instrument collecting with Sarah Richardson, Curator of Musical Instruments, National Music Museum at the University of South Dakota.
- The Collector’s Show – “Musical Instrument Collection” Musical Instrument Collection
- The Collector’s Show – Chocolate Mold Collecting This week on The Collectors Show we talk with Carolyn Burns who is an expert in the field of collecting chocolate molds. You can reach her at www.oldmolds.com.
- The Collector’s Show – News from the world of collecting and two great guests. John Michlig is an expert on popular culture and Major Matt Mason, hero space toy of the late 1960’s. We also have John Mangrum who is a leading authority on collecting comic book art.
- The Collector’s Show – We interview the president of the National Button Collectors Society Annie Frazier. Buttons teach us a lot about our history and art. In the news segment, there is information about the discovery of a masterpiece set of duck decoys and paper clip collecting. Be sure to visit the Collectors Show web site, www.thecollectorshow.com.
- The Collector’s Show – Week 1006 This week on The Collectors Show we discuss collecting snow globes with the owner of the worlds largest and most historically significant snow globe. We also introduce collecting items from old gas stations known as petroleum collectibles. Heather Gallegos returns with a new, “found” collectible of the week plus news from the world of collecting. ...
- The Collector’s Show – The Collectors Show returns for a New Year with all new shows. We discuss collecting pinball machines and a great collection of recipes, including the recipe for Twinkies. Be sure to check out the new web site at http://www.thecollectorshow.com for all the latest on the show.
- The Collector’s Show – Expensive Can Labels This week on the Collectors Show we discuss a collection of artifacts from the state of Texas. And, we talk to the man who sold a salmon can label for $600.00. Plus Heather Gallegos and the found collectible of the week.
- The Collector’s Show – Pez and Fruit Crate Labels This week, we will learn about collecting Pez and why the company does not care about collectors. Plus we’ll unpack everything there is to know about collecting fruit crate labels with the man who invented an entire hobby and industry all by himself.
- The Collector’s Show – Ripley’s Believe It Or Not Part 2 This week on The Collectors Show we talk again with Tim O’Brien of Ripley Entertainment about Robert Ripley and his unusual collections. We hear news from Washington State about Salmon Can label collecting and learn about more new places to visit this summer for the found collectibles you can discover yourself during vacation time.
- The Collector’s Show – Ripley’s’ Believe it or Not This week on The Collectors Show we welcome Tim O’Brien from the Ripley Entertainment Company to discuss one of the most iconic collections in history, Ripley’s Believe it or Not. Robert Ripley was the consummate collector. We will learn a lot about him and his collections. The “found collectible” of the week is about summer ...
- The Collector’s Show – Antique Fishing Lures This week on the Collectors Show we talk with Gabby Talkington and learn all about collecting fishing lures. The found collectible this week is “ties” with our friend Heather Gallegos.
- The Collector’s Show – Week 25 This week on The Collectors Show we talk with representatives from The Charles M. Schultz Museum, located in Santa Rosa, California about collecting Peanuts memorabilia. We also have the rare opportunity to talk with Mrs. Jean Schultz who of course was married to Mr. Schultz.
- The Collector’s Show – Collecting Door Knobs This week on The Collectors Show, we welcome Rich Kennedy who is an expert collector of antique door knobs.
- The Collector’s Show – Dr. Pepper This week in the Collectors Show we find out if the secret recipe for the popular soft drink was found in an old notebook when we talk with the collections manager from The Dr. Pepper Musuem, that is located in Waco, Texas.
- The Collector’s Show – Banana Sticker Collecting This week on The Collectors Show, we interview Becky Martz about her collection of banana stickers. Becky is known around the world for her large and extremely unique collection.
- The Collector’s Show – Collecting Meteorites This week on The Collectors Show we talk with John Morris who has an impressive collection of meteorites. He describes how to start a collection and some resources for starting and avoiding some of the pitfalls. The “found” collectible of the week involves corn!
- The Collector’s Show – Comic Collecting This week on The Collectors Show we delve into the world of comic book collecting. During the new segment we learn how a man turned collecting empty cigarette packs into clothing for the needy. And our found collectible of the week is movie posters!
- The Collector’s Show – Week 0917 Week 0917
- The Collector’s Show – 50 Years of Barbie! This week on The Collectors Show we celebrate 50 years of Barbie. The iconic toy has spawned an industry and a generation of collectors. We discuss everything from the most valuable Barbie collectibles to how to start collecting Barbie today and where to go and find the best information about her.
- The Collector’s Show – Coin Collecting for Fun and Profit This week on The Collectors Show we explore the ways there are to collect coins and make money at it. We also learn about “pack brakes” featured on You Tube and learn about collecting gold doubloons during the found collectible segment.