Host: Margaret McSweeney
The whole point of being a new foodie is that you get to learn a lot and eat a lot of yummy new food — whether you know what it is or want to eat it ever again! The experience is half the fun! Join Margaret McSweeney on her adventures into the food world, tasting, talking, and trying everything! You may even learn how to make some things at home without taking the kitchen apart or poisoning your significant other! Sometimes Margaret doesn’t have a clue about what she’s eating, but it’s always fun to join her and her guests for whatever Truffles and Tribulations are coming up next!
To hear earlier episodes of Margaret’s “Kitchen Chat” shows, please click here
Madonna, Sting, Steven Tyler and Sarah McLachlan are just a few of Chef Jaime’s http://chefjaimelaurita.com clients. Discover how Chef Jaime creates a memorable ambiance of food, mood and music both on the road and in the home. “All in good taste.” He shares his heart for helping others along with secret ingredients to make any […]
Previous EpisodesView All Past Episodes of Truffles and Tribulations
Truffles and Tribulations with Margaret McSweeney
As host of Truffles and Tribulations and Kitchen Chat on Webtalkradio.net, Margaret McSweeney believes that you’re never too old to learn something new – even how to cook. Margaret, a middle-aged mom, lives in the Chicago suburbs with her husband, David and their two teenage daughters. She is a former vice president in corporate finance at a New York City bank, a published author and an Internet radio show host.
After earning a Master’s Degree in International Business, Margaret moved to Manhattan where she worked near Wall Street for seven years. She found true love in the Big Apple and married David. After the birth of their oldest daughter in New York City, the new family moved to the Chicago suburbs where their second daughter was born over a year later.
People always say that you ultimately end up doing what you loved to do in third grade. For Margaret, that included writing and talking. For several years, she wrote a neighborhood column for Daily Herald, the largest paper in the Chicago suburbs. She is a published author of three inspirational books with two more scheduled for release in 2011 and 2012. In addition, she writes freelance articles for the magazine www.makeitbetter.net With an appetite to taste the fullness of life, Margaret dishes on topics with guests about food, family, fitness and finances on her internet radio show, Kitchen Chat.
Margaret has a heart for charity and serves on the Leadership Advisory Board for WINGS (Women in Need Growing Stronger). All proceeds from the Pearl Girls™ book goes in full to help fund a safe house in the Chicago suburbs for WINGS and to build wells for school children in Uganda through Hands of Hope www.handsofhopeonline.org
- Truffles and Tribulations – Culinary Rock Star Chef Jaime Laurita April 17, 2013
- Truffles and Tribulations – At The Family Table with Chef Michael Romano April 1, 2013
- Truffles and Tribulations – Pati’s Mexican Table March 25, 2013
- Truffles and Tribulations – Today’s Catch: Pike Place Fish Market March 11, 2013
- Truffles and Tribulations – Culinary Arts and the Community March 5, 2013
- Truffles and Tribulations – Spicing it up with The Spice House February 11, 2013
- Truffles and Tribulations – Desserts and Brunch with Chef Gale Gand January 14, 2013
- Truffles and Tribulations – How to Remodel Your Kitchen December 11, 2012
- Truffles and Tribulations – Sweetness in Seattle with Chef Tom Douglas December 3, 2012
- Truffles and Tribulations – Chef Norman Van Aken’s Culinary Fusion: James Beard and Jimmy Buffett November 19, 2012
- Truffles and Tribulations – Secrets of the Best Chefs November 5, 2012
- Truffles and Tribulations – “Tart It Up!” with Chef Eric Lanlard October 29, 2012
- Truffles and Tribulations – Olive Oil and a Pinch of Pastry October 22, 2012
- Truffles and Tribulations – Czech Cuisine October 15, 2012
- Truffles and Tribulations – The Best Seat at Chicago Chef’s Table October 8, 2012
- Truffles and Tribulations – Dinner and a Show September 19, 2012
- Truffles and Tribulations – Milk is Gourmet August 27, 2012
- Truffles and Tribulations – 082012 August 20, 2012