Your Health Rocks is about staying well – eating the right foods, knowing which preventive tests to take and making health the rock on which you stand. Your Health Rocks is also about making it fun, easy to understand and actionable – often using music to help you remember how to stand strong and healthy instead of falling off the cliff. SO come and learn how to going rock your world!! In a good way!
Your Health Rocks – Learn the nutrition facts you might not know about sugar, grains and fructose corn syrup and how they affect your health
Dr. Thomas Redner, Founder of Redner Integrated Health discusses the science behind the nutrition we eat, and explains what’s good to eat, what’s bad to eat and why.
Your Health Rocks with Dr. Mache Seibel, MD
HealthRock is a health education company that uses original music to teach people how to stay well, founded in 2003 by Dr. Mache (Pronounced MAYsh) Seibel. Health Rock’s music has been performed at national meetings and on national radio and television, including PBS. Dr. Seibel has won multiple awards for his compositions including a 2009 CD of the Year Award from Creative Child for his Preschool CD. He has been featured in People magazine and appeared on the Today Show, Inside Edition and other national media.
Dr. Seibel is a professor of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Director of the Complicated Menopause Program at the University of Massachusetts Medical School. Prior to that, he spent nearly 20 years on the Harvard Medical School faculty. He has authored 11 books, over 200 scientific articles and is the past Editor in Chief of Sexuality, Reproduction & Menopause. He has won awards for research, writing and patient education. In 2008 he was selected as a distinguished alumnus of the University of Texas Medical Branch.
Dr. Seibel is consistently listed in Woodward & Whites Best Doctors in America.
- Your Health Rocks – Learn the nutrition facts you might not know about sugar, grains and fructose corn syrup and how they affect your health Dr. Thomas Redner, Founder of Redner Integrated Health discusses the science behind the nutrition we eat, and explains what’s good to eat, what’s bad to eat and why.
- Your Health Rocks – Learn how nurses are gearing up to step in and be an increasingly important part of the healthcare scene and what that means to you Guest Greer Glazer, RN, PhD and Dean of the School of Nursing and Health Sciences at the University of Massachusetts in Boston, MA gives listeners a glimpse into the future of healthcare and nursing, and how these changes will impact patients in the decade to come.
- Your Health Rocks – Anti-aging: Miracle or Myth? The anti-aging industry is an $88 Billion business. But will it help you live longer and better? We discuss this topic with our guest Arlene Weintraub, author of Selling the Fountain of Youth.
- Your Health Rocks – Holiday time is the season to be jolly. But not if you’ve got the seasonal blues. Join us in our interview with Dr. Ronald Podell, a psychiatrist and founder of the Center for Bio-Behavioral Science in Los Angeles, as we explore depression during the holiday season and beyond. Learn what it is, how to avoid it, and what to do about it if it happens to you. You’ll also learn about ...
- Your Health Rocks – How to Erase Arthritis Arthritis expert Dr. Nathan Wei offers easy to understand facts about what is arthritis, when to go to the doctor, and what you can do to reduce the pain and side effects of America’s #1 chronic condition.
- Your Health Rocks – The Southeast Texas STEM Center: A model for helping America keep its edge in science, technology, engineering in math Clifford Houston, Ph.D. Associate Vice President for Educational Outreach and Marguerite Sognier, Ph.D. Director, Educational Outreach at the University of Texas Medical Branch describe an incredible program designed as a model for the nation to engage kids in the sciences and keep America strong.
- Your Health Rocks – Childhood obesity is a major health problem, affecting up to 45% of urban kids. Find out what Go Kids Boston is doing to combat this problem and what lessons can be learned for after school providers across the country. Our interview is with Jean Wiecha, PhD, Associate Professor in the Department of Exercise and Health Science at the University of Massachusetts and Director or GoKids Boston Research, Training and Outreach Center www.gokids-boston.org.
- Your Health Rocks – Meet the Host of the new PBS show Functional Fitness Starring Suzanne Andrews Learn how routine items in your home and this host can turn your living room into a gym and keep you staying fit and functional.
- Your Health Rocks – Is there a power to heal when conventional treatments fail? Pearl is a former chiropractor and author of The Reconnection: Heal Others, Heal Yourself. He shares his experiences healing people whose conditions persist after traditional treatments.
- Your Health Rocks – How to find healthy on a restaurant menu Men’s Health Editor Gregg Stebben answers the question: “Does a hamburger, shake and fries have more calories than a salad?” You might be surprised by the answer to this and a lot more questions. And hear the latest HealthRock songs from the new obesity CD called “Let’s Move”.
- Your Health Rocks – 14 Ways to Never Get Cancer Lauren Gelman, Senior Health Editor of Prevention magazine joins us to discuss new information her team has gathered to lower your risk of ever getting cancer.
- Your Health Rocks – One of America’s leading experts in health literacy explains how to prepare yourself before you go to the doctor Helen Osborne, M.Ed., OTR/L is founder of Health Literacy Consulting and Health Literacy Out Loud podcasts.
- Your Health Rocks – 57 million Americans with pre-diabetes and 6 million with diabetes don’t know they have the diagnosis. Are you one of them? Guest Christopher Boynton, Executive Director of the American Diabetes Association, Eastern New England, tells what you need to know.
- Your Health Rocks – Health, nutrition and you: Tips for eating healthy, taking the right supplement and where to learn more David Fryxell, managing editor of the Tufts Health & Nutrition Letter explains what you need to know about nutrition to stay healthy.
- Your Health Rocks – Learn how getting enough sleep can increase teens’ energy, help clear their acne and control their weight, lower their risk of depression and suicide, and reduce their need to sleep in school. Sleep specialist and author Dr. Helene Emsellem, Director of the Center for Sleep and Wake Disorders at Chevy Chase, Md. discusses her new book Snooze…or Lose: 10 “No-War” Ways to Improve Your Teen’s Sleep Habits.
- Your Health Rocks – Dr. Richard Price Spokesperson for the American Dental Association, offers 4 essential tips that keep your mouth healthy and your self esteem high. Enjoy this fun interview!
- Your Health Rocks – How To Save Your Life: A Medical Emergency Guide Shelly Glazier, LiMFT and Instructor at Brandeis Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (BOLLI) discusses a soon to be published book that explains what is a medical emergency, when to call 911, and what to do until the ambulance arrives.
- Your Health Rocks – Music and Medicine. How music can be used to change group behavior Dr. David Alter, Associate Professor at the University of Toronto, discusses his organization’s efforts to make music part of the doctor’s bag of tools.
- Your Health Rocks – An interview with Brad Saul, President of Matrix Media on the soon to be launch of Prime Access Capital. If you are visually or hearing impaired and need access to banking that makes it accessible to you, learn about how a new approach is about to change the face of banking for those with disabilities.
- Your Health Rocks – The 30 Day Diabetes Cure: Stefan Ripich, ND discusses his new book. Listen and learn the 30 day life style changing steps you can take to reverse diabetes and reduce your risk of serious complications from this challenging disease.
- Your Health Rocks – Mehmet Oz, MD’s Childhood Obesity Initiative Becomes A Movement HealthCorps President, Michelle Bouchard discusses the approach her organization has taken in schools across America and explains how it rose from a concept to a movement.
- Your Health Rocks – How too little sleep affects kid’s behavior and risk of disease Judith Owens, MD, MPH, Director of the Pediatric Sleep Disorder Clinic at Hasbro Children’s Hospital and Brown University explains how much sleep kids need, and the surprisingly big health risk it is if they don’t get it.
- Your Health Rocks – Heart to Heart: What you need to know to stay heart healthy American Heart Association Board Member and Professor and Director, Heart and Vascular Center of Excellence at the University of Massachusetts Medical School explains why heart disease is the #1 killer in the United States and offers easy to understand tips on how to stay heart healthy.
- Your Health Rocks – An interview with REAL AGE Pediatrician Jenn Trachtenberg about her new book: The Smart Parent’s Guide to Getting Your Kids Through Checkups, Illnesses, Accidents. Learn how to pick a pediatrician, how to choose a hospital, how to know a pediatric emergency and much more.
- Your Health Rocks – To Defeat Menopause; Recipes for a Healthy Midlife. Menopause expert Karen Giblin of the Red Hot Mamas talks about her new book, Eat To Defeat Menopause and offers advice and information women need to thrive in menopause.
- Your Health Rocks – Advances in Premature Delivery Outcome: Tips to save your newborns life We talk with Rob Insoft, MD, Director of Harvard Medical School’s Brigham & Women’s Hospital’s Neonatal Intensive Care Unit to learn about premature birth and what you should be discussing with your doctor before you deliver.