Host: LaCheryl Cillie
Whether you are decorating your home, building a new wardrobe or starting a collection you can do it all Thrift Style. Fabulous finds are at estate sales, thrift shops, consignment stores or even garage sales and — they are waiting for you. LaCheryl Cillie is your treasure hunt guide, with more than 25 years of experience in the trenches. You’ll learn how to spot a high value item, get it appraised and even take it to market. Join us each week for the latest with experts, what’s hot and what’s not in Thrift Style Living!
Thrift Style Living with LaCheryl Cillie
• Licensed Auctioneer AL License # 5017
• One of few African American Auctioneers in the country
• Appraisal Studies at The University of Montevallo for The Decorative Arts for the first 400 years of this country with the late distinguished American Society of Appraisers member George Burton.
• Thrift Style Living Expert Savvy Second Hand Shopping Expert
• Former Antiques and shopping Expert on WBRC Fox Network Birmingham, Alabama ‘s morning show, “Good Day Alabama” with host Janice Rogers and Bill Bolen for approximately 9 years.
• Twice Guest Atlanta Georgia’s FOX- 5 Antiques Expert
• National appearances ( two) on The Discovery Network Home Show “Home Matters”
• Many appearances in various national magazines, including “Essence, Black Enterprise, and Ebony, and About Time.
• Various articles in regional and national newspapers, including: The Chicago Tribune, The Birmingham News, The Montgomery Advertiser , The Post Herald, and a host of others
• Former Syndicated column for NNPA, “Hidden Treasurers Undiscovered Wealth” was the subject of many newspapers from coast to coast.
• Guest of both national and international radio talk shows ,from New York City, Washington D.C, to shows in Canada and the islands.
• Has done many Workshops throughout country on antiques and collectibles and discovering hidden treasures and undiscovered wealth. From the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute, Birmingham Library , St. Louis, Missouri, to New York City.
• Benefit auctions have included but not limited to; Camp Smile a Mile, The American Heart Association, Big Brothers Big Sisters, the Medical Axillary Board, and a host of others.
• Author of “From Darkness to Light”, a guide focusing on discovering treasures around your house, collecting, savvy second-hand shopping, and more.
• Auction of one Birmingham’s most prestigious family estate “The Bundy Estate”.
• Aided private client in the recognition and sale of a painting bought in the thrift state for $3.88 discovered to be done by a famous president to be later sold for thousands.