Host: Jeff Altman
Who said job hunting has to be so hard? The skills needed to find a job are different than the skills needed to do a job. Job Search Radio provides ways to improve your job-hunting skills including job search preparation, writing great resumes, cover letters and thank you letters, interviewing, how to answer tough interview questions, coping with job boards, job search networking, branding, job search mistakes– the many things you need to know to conduct an effective job search, leverage your professional success into your next job and avoid mistakes that may cost you opportunities you want.
Job Search Radio is reaching people who are changing jobs, re-training and/or redefining their career goals. They are a group that is well-educated and upwardly mobile. Do you have a product or service that would benefit from reaching this niche audience? Call Mary Lou Davidson at 941-379-1440 or email MaryLou@WebTalkRadio.net for information.
Previous EpisodesView All Past Episodes of Job Search Radio
Job Search Radio with Jeff Altman
Jeff Altman, The Big Game Hunter, has helped organizations achieve their objectives by hunting for leaders and staff as employees or consultants since 1971. He has effectively worked with industry leaders and start-up firms in many industries to fill many types of roles in the United States and Canada.
“The common thread of my life is encouraging and supporting people. Whether it’s my work as a search professional, as a therapist, a leader, a husband and father, I try to help individuals and organizations prosper.”
Throughout his career, he has developed and managed client relationships, internal recruiting staff and successfully completed numerous engagements. In addition, he has been a job search coach helping people find work much more easily than left to their own devices.
“I understand how important it is for a firm to hire a whole person who fits into their culture and can deliver, not just a person who acts like a machine that can execute tasks. That holds true when I work with people, too. People need to join organizations where they are set up to succeed and can move their careers forward.
Jeff holds the CPC designation (The Certified Personnel Consultant designation is awarded by the National Association of Personnel Services to professionals who are able to meet rigorous standards). In addition, Jeff is a LivePerson expert and coach available for a phone consultation about job hunting or for regular monthly coaching.
Jeff has also written more than 20 ebooks and guides to job hunting that are available for Kindle on Amazon including, “The Single Best Question You Should Ask on Any Interview,” “No B. S. Job Search Advice,” and “Look Me Up: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Social Networking Your Way to Job Search Success.”
He is also a leader emeritus of the ManKind Project, a not for profit organization that assists men with life issues, was a practicing psychotherapist with a successful practice in New York, and is a husband and a father of a terrific teen.
Jeff has his Master’s degree from Fordham University and post-graduate training at the Institute of Modern Psychoanalysis (IMP), where he developed an expertise in organizational development that makes him uniquely qualified to evaluate a potential employee for their “fit” into an organization.
- Job Search Radio – Picking Up Again After Being Blindsided October 20, 2014
- Job Search Radio – How Interviews and Applicant Tracking Systems Are Changing October 13, 2014
- Job Search Radio – Job Boards and The Hidden Job Market October 6, 2014
- Job Search Radio – Using Twitter as a Job Search Tool September 29, 2014
- Job Search Radio – How People Read Resumes September 22, 2014
- Job Search Radio – Marketing Yourself as a Six Figure Professional September 15, 2014
- Job Search Radio -What Companies Look for When They Hire and The Feedback They Give September 8, 2014
- Job Search Radio – Job Search Radio – Regret Free Living. Regret Free Job Search with Ben Sands September 1, 2014
- Job Search Radio – Avoiding “The Stealth Job Search” by Networking with Harry Urshel August 25, 2014
- Job Search Radio -Changing Jobs When You Have an H-1b Visa with Richard Geduldig August 18, 2014
- Job Search Radio – Soul Search. Research, Job Search With Maggie Mistal August 11, 2014
- Job Search Radio – Using LinkedIn Well with John Fugazzie August 4, 2014
- Job Search Radio – Being a Sleuth to Find The Hiring Manager with Hannah Morgan, The Career Sherpa July 28, 2014
- Job Search Radio – Moving Up to a Higher Level Job with Kelly Sicina Welsh July 21, 2014
- Job Search Radio – Finding Work After Separating from the Military with Michelle Trajanovska July 14, 2014
- Job Search Radio – Working Temp, Contract or as a Consultant with Cathy Reilly July 7, 2014
- Job Search Radio – You’re Missing the Most Effective Way to Find Work If You Neglect In-Person Networking with Dave Opton June 30, 2014
- Job Search Radio – Basic Job Interview Questions and Answers with Lavie Margolin June 23, 2014
- Job Search Radio – The Story Behind the Story in Your Resume with Lauren Milligan June 16, 2014
- Job Search Radio – Negotiating Your Job Offer with Alex Freund June 8, 2014
- Job Search Radio – Out-of-the-Box Ways to Use LinkedIn in Your Job Search with Ron Nash June 2, 2014
- Job Search Radio – Perpetual Positioning with Patricia Liere May 26, 2014
- Job Search Radio – Regret Free Living. Regret Free Job Search with Ben Sands May 19, 2014
- Job Search Radio – The Seven Fundamentals of Job Interviewing with Stuart C. Taylor May 12, 2014
- Job Search Radio – Executive Job Search with Mary Elizabeth Bradford May 5, 2014
- Job Search Radio – Job Search Networking using Facebook with Joshua Waldman April 28, 2014
- Job Search Radio – Finding Work as a Millennial with Amanda Abella April 21, 2014
- Job Search Radio – You, The Product and the Importance of Resume Differentiation with Perry Newman April 14, 2014
- Job Search Radio – Branding Yourself For Job Search Success with Kevin Kermes April 7, 2014
- Job Search Radio – 5 Dumb Mistakes Job Hunters Make WAY Too Often and How to Correct Them with Karen Mattonen March 31, 2014
- Job Search Radio – “What Does and Doesn’t Go Into Your Resume with Gabe Heillig” March 24, 2014
- Job Search Radio – Effective Job Hunting in Life Sciences, Biotech and Pharma with Connie Hampton March 17, 2014
- Job Search Radio – Changing Careers and Using the Myers Briggs Inventory to Advise You with Regina Freedman March 10, 2014
- Job Search Radio – Building Your Career as The CEO of ME with Rod Colon March 3, 2014
- Job Search Radio – Effective Job Interviewing with Hal Klegman February 24, 2014
- Job Search Radio – Finding Where The Hidden Job Market is Hiding with Shally Steckerl February 17, 2014
- Job Search Radio – Transitioning from School to Work with Dr. Markel Quarles February 10, 2014
- Job Search Radio – What Companies look for When They Hire with Emily Quinn of Mindbody, Inc. February 3, 2014
- Job Search Radio – What to Do When The Recruiter Calls January 27, 2014
- Job Search Radio – Absolutely Abby Talks Hiring with Abby Kohut January 20, 2014
- Job Search Radio – How to Plan for Starting Your Career or Changing Your Career January 13, 2014
- Job Search Radio – Uniquely Boomer . . . Well, Not Exactly with Bill Vick January 6, 2014
- Job Search Radio – Branding Yourself in 2 Minutes or Less December 30, 2013
- Job Search Radio – “From Shock to Action” December 23, 2013
- Job Search Radio – “Getting on the Radar” December 16, 2013
- Job Search Radio – Starting a Networking Group Focused on You December 10, 2013
- Job Search Radio – Networking Your Way Back to Work December 1, 2013
- Job Search Radio – Job Loss and Moving Through The Pain November 25, 2013
- Job Search Radio – The Missing Ingredients in Most Resumes November 18, 2013