Host: Mr. Noobie
Changes to technology are happening as quickly as news updates on Yahoo! Mr. Noobie helps you make sense of that whir of information by profiling new products, their features and their pitfalls-and explaining in plain english how they might work for you. You’ll hear behind the curtain notes about software, applications and gadgets that could very well change your life. In his weekly news segment, Mr. Noobie sums up what’s happening in the world of tech so you won’t be caught talking about something that is so last year. Got a techie question? Send it over to mailto:email@example.com, you just might hear the answer on air!
So many of us want to lose weight but we lack the discipline and motivation. And we can’t all afford a personal trainer. Listen as Mr. Noobie, owner of Noobie.com and Jordan Goldberg, co-founder and CEO of stickK, talk about why using the Internet can be an effective motivator when it comes to losing weight (or reaching any goal for … Read more about this episode...
Previous EpisodesView All Past Episodes of Tech Talk
Tech Talk with Mr. Noobie
Patric Welch founded Noobie, Inc. in 2006 to help others effectively choose and use technologies to enhance their work and lives. The catchy company name earned Welch the name of Mr. Noobie, but, in reality, Welch is an experienced and professional techie. Unlike most techies, Welch evaluates emerging technologies from a noobie’s perspective and provides technology education for all skill levels in a friendly, non-threatening way.
Welch’s career reflects his passion for technology and electronic gadgetry–from designing and developing software to independent consulting and teaching. Most recently, Welch was a software development manager at the Indianapolis-based RealMed and taught computer programming courses at Ivy Technical Institute. Previously, he was the technology director for Credit Union Times in West Palm Beach, Fla., a systems engineer for Electronic Data Systems (EDS) in Columbus, Ind., and web development teacher at Indiana University-Purdue University-Columbus.
Welch earned a bachelor’s degree in business with an emphasis on information systems analysis and design from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. In addition to his degree, Welch earned a reputation as the “go-to-guy” for technology–from hooking up computers to tackling printer problems for fellow students.
Today, Welch lives in Greenwood, Ind., with his wife Bonnie and their two sons. When he’s not tinkering with technology or writing for his blog, Welch enjoys attending his sons’ soccer and basketball games or visiting the lake in his home state of Wisconsin.
- Tech Talk – How you can use the Internet to motivate you to lose weight May 20, 2013
- Tech Talk – Automotive technology and the connected car May 13, 2013
- Tech Talk – Ultrabooks and the Google Chromebook May 6, 2013
- Tech Talk – What is cloud storage and why would I want to use it? April 29, 2013
- Tech Talk – Twitter, tweets and hashtags April 22, 2013
- Tech Talk – Smartphones: What’s hot today and even hotter tomorrow? April 15, 2013
- Tech Talk – Buyer’s guide for new televisions and computers April 8, 2013
- Tech Talk – Getting the right printer (and printing from your iPad) April 1, 2013
- Tech Talk – Making sense of the Amazon Kindle family March 25, 2013
- Tech Talk – Video calling using FaceTime, Skype and Google Hangouts March 18, 2013
- Tech Talk – Everything you need to know about Instagram March 11, 2013
- Tech Talk – How to tell a story with your camcorder or smartphone videos March 4, 2013
- Tech Talk – The consequences of downloading illegal music and movies from the Internet February 25, 2013
- Tech Talk – Making the switch from a PC to a Mac February 18, 2013
- Tech Talk – Using technology to find new love February 11, 2013
- Tech Talk – What you need to know to buy the perfect computer February 4, 2013
- Tech Talk – How to earn cash back on your Internet purchases January 28, 2013
- Tech Talk – How to keep your children safe on the Internet January 21, 2013
- Tech Talk – What you need to know to buy the perfect television January 14, 2013
- Tech Talk – Using technology to achieve your fitness goals January 7, 2013
- Tech Talk – Technology trends to look for in 2013 December 31, 2012
- Tech Talk – The Best of Tech Talk 2012 December 24, 2012
- Tech Talk – Accessorize your smartphone! December 17, 2012
- Tech Talk – Are you ready for Windows 8? December 10, 2012
- Tech Talk – Which game console is right for you? December 3, 2012
- Tech Talk – Which 7″ tablet is right for you? November 26, 2012
- Tech Talk – Hot gadgets and electronics for the holidays November 19, 2012
- Tech Talk – With smartphone in hand, waiting may never be painful again November 12, 2012
- Tech Talk – Free alternatives to commercial software when you’re on a budget November 5, 2012
- Tech Talk – Take control of your finances before they take control of you October 29, 2012
- Tech Talk – Protecting your computer from viruses and malware without spending a dime October 22, 2012
- Tech Talk – Children and cell phone safety October 15, 2012
- Tech Talk – Is it time to dump your cable or satellite service? October 7, 2012
- Tech Talk – Will the iPhone 5 put Apple back on top? October 1, 2012
- Tech Talk – Is the Next Evolution of Television Worth the Money? September 24, 2012
- Tech Talk – The biggest risk people face when owning a computer or laptop September 16, 2012
- Tech Talk – Are the days of buying music on CD coming to an end? September 9, 2012
- Tech Talk – The New Social Network That’s Giving Facebook a Run for Its Money, Especially for Women September 2, 2012
- Tech Talk – Save Money by Sharing Your Mobile Devices August 26, 2012