Host: LaCheryl Cillie
Whether you are decorating your home, building a new wardrobe or starting a collection you can do it all Thrift Style. Fabulous finds are at estate sales, thrift shops, consignment stores or even garage sales and — they are waiting for you. LaCheryl Cillie is your treasure hunt guide, with more than 25 years of experience in the trenches. You’ll learn how to spot a high value item, get it appraised and even take it to market. Join us each week for the latest with experts, what’s hot and what’s not in Thrift Style Living!
Join Vali Heist, the author of “Organize This! Practical Tips, Green Ideas, and Ruminations about your Crap”, as she reveals simple organizing ideas for your home and life. She explains why we have so much buildup of crap in our homes and how to successfully get rid of it. Vali is a life long thrifter and knows how easy … Read more about this episode...
Previous EpisodesView All Past Episodes of Thrift Style Living
Thrift Style Living with LaCheryl Cillie
• Licensed Auctioneer AL License # 5017
• One of few African American Auctioneers in the country
• Appraisal Studies at The University of Montevallo for The Decorative Arts for the first 400 years of this country with the late distinguished American Society of Appraisers member George Burton.
• Thrift Style Living Expert Savvy Second Hand Shopping Expert
• Former Antiques and shopping Expert on WBRC Fox Network Birmingham, Alabama ‘s morning show, “Good Day Alabama” with host Janice Rogers and Bill Bolen for approximately 9 years.
• Twice Guest Atlanta Georgia’s FOX- 5 Antiques Expert
• National appearances ( two) on The Discovery Network Home Show “Home Matters”
• Many appearances in various national magazines, including “Essence, Black Enterprise, and Ebony, and About Time.
• Various articles in regional and national newspapers, including: The Chicago Tribune, The Birmingham News, The Montgomery Advertiser , The Post Herald, and a host of others
• Former Syndicated column for NNPA, “Hidden Treasurers Undiscovered Wealth” was the subject of many newspapers from coast to coast.
• Guest of both national and international radio talk shows ,from New York City, Washington D.C, to shows in Canada and the islands.
• Has done many Workshops throughout country on antiques and collectibles and discovering hidden treasures and undiscovered wealth. From the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute, Birmingham Library , St. Louis, Missouri, to New York City.
• Benefit auctions have included but not limited to; Camp Smile a Mile, The American Heart Association, Big Brothers Big Sisters, the Medical Axillary Board, and a host of others.
• Author of “From Darkness to Light”, a guide focusing on discovering treasures around your house, collecting, savvy second-hand shopping, and more.
• Auction of one Birmingham’s most prestigious family estate “The Bundy Estate”.
• Aided private client in the recognition and sale of a painting bought in the thrift state for $3.88 discovered to be done by a famous president to be later sold for thousands.
- Thrift Style Living – ” Organize This ! “ May 27, 2013
- Thrift Style Living – Living Simple, Free And Happy May 12, 2013
- Thrift Style Living – The Paris Home Decor Look On a Shoestring Budget April 29, 2013
- Thrift Style Living – It Takes Two Thrifting As A Couple April 16, 2013
- Thrift Style Living – The Queen Of Style Thrifts New York City February 25, 2013
- Thrift Style Living – Call Dibs February 11, 2013
- Thrift Style Living – Discount Diva Actress Shares Shopping Secrets January 28, 2013
- Thrift Style Living – The Paris Thrift Scene January 14, 2013
- Thrift Style Living – How to Plan A Green Wedding December 24, 2012
- Thrift Style Living – Stretching A Dollar For Entrepeneurs December 10, 2012
- Thrift Style Living – Upcycling Living Green :The New Craze October 22, 2012
- Thrift Style Living – How Find and Buy at Government Auction and Foreclosures October 7, 2012
- Thrift Style Living – There is a Million Dollars in Your Garage September 24, 2012
- Thrift Style Living – Picked Off September 9, 2012
- Thrift Style Living – Stepping Out Vintage August 26, 2012
- Thrift Style Living – Tag Sell It August 12, 2012
- Thrift Style Living – Using the Internet to find Estate Sales, and Auctions and Finding Estate Sale Gold July 23, 2012
- Thrift Style Living – Finding Vintage Nostalgia July 9, 2012
- Thrift Style Living – Why I Thrift ? June 18, 2012
- Thrift Style Living – Estate Sale 101 June 4, 2012