Host: Jameson Fink
Does a leather-bound wine list send an icy chill up your spine? Does
walking through a wine store feel like navigating a sinister labyrinth? Put aside your anxiety and join Jameson Fink on Wine Without Worry as he serves up a flight of experts to demystify wine. It’s a relaxed look at wine, with helpful tips and insight to bring your confidence level up, and keep the wine flowing.
What are the highs and lows of being a winemaker? What surprises people about the job? And are you crazy to go it alone? My guest, William Allen of California’s Two Shepherds, (who makes tiny amounts of wine from grapes that aren’t the usual suspects), answers these questions and more. Plus, I taste some of his wines, including a most … Read more about this episode...
Previous EpisodesView All Past Episodes of Wine Without Worry
Wine Without Worry with Jameson Fink
Jameson Fink is the Wine Editor for Foodista.com and also manages his own wine writing, blogging, and social media consulting company. He entered the wine business and the world of blogging in 2004 after turning his curiosity and enthusiasm about food and wine into a full-time vocation and passion.
Since moving from Chicago to Seattle that year he has worked at one of the largest retail wine shops in the Pacific Northwest as their European Buyer, ran an eclectic beer and wine department at a large grocery store in the hip Capitol Hill neighborhood, and presently works at a charming wine bar, Bottlehouse, in the quiet neighborhood of Madrona. He’s traveled to vineyards in Chile, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, France, Italy, Portugal, and Greece, as well as in Washington State, California, Oregon, and Virginia.
Jameson led a Food and Wine Pairing session at this year’s International Food Blogger Conference, has been a “Featured Foodie” on Key Ingredient, and has lent his expert opinion to two features in Honest Cooking. He has also contributed his thoughts to pieces by Allecia Vermillon, Food and Drink Editor of Seattle Met, and Hanna Raskin, Food Critic for Seattle Weekly. He spent a month living on an organic family farm and cidery, writing about his experience in the November/December 2012 issue of Edible Seattle. The Fall 2012 issue of SIP Northwest magazine features his thoughts on the parallels between coffee and wine.
He loves Champagne with popcorn, and all things rosé. Nominated for Best Overall Wine Blog at the 2012 Wine Blog Awards, you can keep up with his grape adventures on his personal blog, jamesonfink.com.
- Wine Without Worry – The Surprising Life of a Winemaker: William Allen of Two Shepherds February 3, 2014
- Wine Without Worry – Can a Scratch and Sniff Book Help You Become a Wine Expert? January 20, 2014
- Wine Without Worry – How Much Does Wine Matter in a Restaurant Review? January 6, 2014
- Wine Without Worry – How to Destroy Wine Stereotypes and also Embrace Sweetness December 23, 2013
- Wine Without Worry – Champagne is Way Better Than Cable: David Speer of Ambonnay Bar December 9, 2013
- Wine Without Worry – The Sensory Experience of Wine at Jordan Vineyard and Winery in California’s Alexander Valley November 25, 2013
- Wine Without Worry – Michael Mondavi: A Conversation About the Magic of Wine November 11, 2013
- Wine Without Worry – Are You Getting the Full Pull From Your Wines? A Conversation with Paul Zitarelli October 28, 2013
- Wine Without Worry – Wine Grape Harvest Season: To Pick or Not To Pick, That is the Question October 14, 2013
- Wine Without Worry – Cantine Ferrari: Italian Sparkling Wines of Distinction in a Distinctly Beautiful Setting September 30, 2013
- Wine Without Worry – Creating Creative Cocktails With Wine September 16, 2013
- Wine Without Worry – Enjoying R&R and Wine With Leslie Sbrocco September 2, 2013
- Wine Without Worry – BBQ and Wine: Celebrate the Thrill of the Grill August 19, 2013
- Wine Without Worry – Pet-Nat: Naturally Sparkling Wines That Quench Thirst August 5, 2013
- Wine Without Worry – British Columbia Wine: Explore Canada’s Unique and Diverse Vineyard Landscape July 22, 2013
- Wine Without Worry – The Wines of South Australia Provide a Rich and Lingering Experience July 8, 2013
- Wine Without Worry – SOMM: A Documentary About The Hardest (Wine) Test in the World June 24, 2013
- Wine Without Worry – Biodynamics: Voodoo in Your Glass, Cow Horns in the Ground June 10, 2013
- Wine Without Worry – Cooking With Wine, Smacking Around Vegetables, and Pasta Perfection May 27, 2013
- Wine Without Worry – Facing Wine Anxiety: Shelves, Shops, Pairings, and Vintages May 13, 2013
- Wine Without Worry – How to Survive Tasting 58 Wines in One Evening April 29, 2013
- Wine Without Worry – Use Wine in the Kitchen to Learn to Preserve April 15, 2013
- Wine Without Worry – Racing Towards Southern Oregon Wine April 1, 2013
- Wine Without Worry – A Flying Winemaker Lands in Chile March 18, 2013
- Wine Without Worry – Festive and Delightful: The Italian Wines of Dalla Terra March 4, 2013
- Wine Without Worry – Rare Grapes in a Unique Place: Washington State’s Whidbey Island Winery February 18, 2013
- Wine Without Worry – Ridge Vineyards: The Bottled Poetry of California’s Santa Cruz Mountains February 4, 2013
- Wine Without Worry – Pizza, Julius Caesar, and The Culture of Italian Wine January 21, 2013
- Wine Without Worry – Champagne: The Wine With a Fat Cork January 7, 2013