Balanced, but brutally direct and honest, Dr. Heath Sommer refuses to tolerate unqualified nonsense. What he does offer is humanistic insight and clear debate on the topics that matter most—you and your family’s mental health and well-being. He brings a careful but deliberate reference to everyday problems and social concerns. Want an example? “Drugs for anxiety problems are often like water to hot salsa. It feels like it helps but it just ain’t worth the time.” So says the Doctor – author, scientist, and social commentator and available every week, right here.
Author Diane Dean shares secrets of making money work for the everyday family.
Previous EpisodesView All Past Episodes of Real Life
Real Sommer with Heath Sommer Ph.D.
Dr. Sommer currently works for the state of Idaho as an administrative psychologist and adjunct professor of psychology at Idaho State University and also runs a private practice dedicated to the rehabilitation of the mentally and developmentally disabled.
He earned his Ph.D. in clinical psychology and has also earned an additional degree in Marriage, Family, and Human Development. A native of Sacramento, California, Dr. Sommer has enjoyed opportunities to present his research at national conventions including The Association for the Advancement of Cognitive and Behavioral Therapy and the American Psychological Association.
In his spare time Dr. Sommer writes popular fiction novels about mental health characters. His Manufactured Identity thriller series is available for purchase at bookstores worldwide.
- Real Life – Author Diane Dean Author Diane Dean shares secrets of making money work for the everyday family.
- Real Life – Kathy Truitt Dr. Sommer discusses False Victimization Syndrome with real life victim and author Kathy Truitt.
- Real Life – Pulling Yourself Out of Poverty This week Dr. Sommer interviews self-made success and company inventor John Lewis who shares secrets any American will want to know about how to be successful in a dreary economy.
- Real Life – ON SUICIDE Dr. Sommer talks about suicide and mental health in the rising generation.
- Real Life – “Duped Into Dating The Devil” “Dr. Sommer discusses the world of secretive cults and the women who unknowingly date their leaders with past victim and current author Barbara Fifield.”
- Real Life – The Straight Spouse Experience Dr. Sommer talks to reknown researcher and scientist Dr. Mary Krome about the Straight Spouse Experience and about her new novel Left in His Closet which tells all about the secret lives led by those whose spouses hide the ultimate secret.