Stripped Down Kitchen – Football Playoffs Tailgate Party (Part 1)
It’s playoff season and with that comes the football ‘tailgate’ party.
Not all of us are fortunate to be at the game, but we can all throw a tailgate party at home just the same. Chef Geoff and Rocky cook up traditional game day favorites that your crew is bound to enjoy including wings, homemade chips, salsa and ‘Pigskin Spedinis’. Tune in and let’s ‘Get our game on’!
A couple of recipes from the show –
Kale – 1 bunch
Olive oil – 1 tsp
Salt – 1 tsp
– Preheat oven to 425.
– Tear kale leaves from stem into chip size pieces and pat dry.
– Place kale pieces in mixing bowl. Sprinkle oil and salt and thoroughly mix so all the leaves are evenly coated.
– Place leaves evenly on cookie sheets.
– Bake kale in oven until crisp (approximately 8-10 mins).
– Gently shake cookie sheet midway through bake so the leaves are not sticking to the sheet.
Serve in a bowl
Top Sirloin Steak – 2 lbs
Fresh grated Parmesan Cheese – 4 oz.
Horseradish – 4 oz.
Wooden skewers – 24-30
– Slice top sirloin lengthwise in very thin strips (approx 1/8″ thick)
– Rub horseradish on both sides of strips.
– Sprinkle parmesan cheese on both sides.
– Slide skewer through strips so that the meat will hold while grilling.
– Grill over medium heat (1-2 mins each side)