Stripped Down Kitchen – Irish for a Day!
It’s St. Patrick’s Day and to Chef Geoff and Rocky that means it’s Beer time in the Stripped Down Kitchen…and a couple of Irish classics to go with. Joining us is one of our craft beer experts, Gary Rosen, to properly pair up the right brew to go best with Chef McJohnson’s Corned Beef ‘n Cabbage, and Rocky O’Fino’s Irish Nachos (a newcomer on the ‘classic’ scene). We don’t finish there, but pair up more beer with some Banger’s ‘n Mash and a little sweet Guinness Float for desert. We bring some great beer knowledge (or actually Gary
does) for you to take into your St Patrick’s Day Dinner. Cheers!
Irish Nachos (but of course)
Sm Red Potatoes – 2 lbs.
Bacon – 1/2 lb
Cheddar Cheese – 1 1/2 cup shredded
Sliced jalapenos – As many as you can handle Tomatoes – 2 Sour Cream – 1/2 cup Tomatillo Salsa – 1/2 cup (Green for the occasion) Olive oil – 1-2 TBS S&P – To taste
* Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
* Slice potatoes 1/4 thick.
* In a med skillet, cook bacon and drain on paper towels.
* In a large mixing bowl, toss sliced potatoes with oil and salt until evenly coated.
* Spread potatoes on cookie sheets (single layer)
* Place cookie sheets of potatoes in oven and cook for approx. 20 mins until the edges are crispy.
* While potatoes are roasting, chop tomatoes.
* Place potato slices on plates.
* Crumble bacon and spread over potatoes.
* Spread cheese on top of bacon.
* Place plates in broiler for a couple of mins to melt the cheese.
* Top with tomatoes, jalapenos and dollop of sour cream.
* Serve with tomatillo salsa.