Stripped Down Kitchen – Ballpark Food for the Baseball Opener
Not all of us are able to make it to the ballpark for the opening games of the baseball season, so the Stripped Down Kitchen is bringing the traditional game eats into your kitchen. We have an upgraded Rosemary and Sea Salt Soft Pretzel, a Simple Fish ‘n Pickle Chips recipe and of course, the Loaded Hot Dog. Joining us to top of that dog is Steve Zielinski from “Crazy Steve’s Pickles and Salsa, crazystevespickles.com”. Steve loads up the Hot Dog with his Cajun Cukes and then steals the show with a smoked potato salad recipe that will knock you back. Go to our Facebook page at Stripped Down Kitchen where Steve has posted the recipe. Tune in for some fun…
Rosemary Soft Pretzels (Compliments of Food Porn Daily by Amanda Simpson)
Dry Active Yeast – 1 packet
Granulated Sugar – 1 Tsp.
Warm water (105 degrees) – 1 1/4 Cup
Flour – 3 1/4 Cups
Kosher Salt – 1 Tbs.
Powdered Sugar – 1/2 Cup
Water – 5 Cups
Baking Soda – 1 Cup
Fresh Rosemary (minced) – 1-2 Tbs
Coarse Sea Salt – 1-2 Tbs
Melted Butter, for brushing
* Add yeast and sugar to warm water, stir and set aside for 5 mins.
* Add flour, salt and powdered sugar to large mixing bowl.
* Add yeast water to dry ingredients and stir.
* Using mixer with dough hook, knead 5-7 mins.
* Oil another large mixing bowl.
* Transfer dough to oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm, draft free spot.
* Let dough rise for 1 hour until double in size.
* While dough is rising, pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
* Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
* In a 9×13 baking dish, whisk together 5 cups water and 1 cup baking soda for dipping.
* Once dough rises, divide into 8 even pieces.
* Roll out 1 piece into a 3-foot rope (twist rope by swinging it into a jump-rope fashion). Make into pretzel shape, pinching together where the ends intersect the dough.
* Gently submerge the pretzel into the baking soda mixture.
* Place dipped pretzel onto cookie sheet making sure the holes are as wide as possible.
* Repeat the process 3 more times to complete the cookie sheet.
* Sprinkle pretzels with minced rosemary and sea salt
* Bake at 425 until golden brown – approx 8-10 mins. rotating the pan halfway through for even baking.
* Remove from oven, brush with melted butter and let cool.
* Repeat the process for the remaining sheet.