Conversations Beyond Science and Religion – The Dark Side of the Universe (Redux)
Cosmologists have declared 96% of the universe missing. Two mysterious things, dark matter and dark energy, make up most of what cosmologists believe to be the cosmos. Neither can be seen, leaving 4% consists of things we are familiar with, dirt, stones, water, and stars. On this show, Richard Panek, author of, The 4% Universe: Dark Matter, Dark Energy and the Race to Find the Rest of Reality, joins Philip Mereton in a conversation about how the search for the missing pieces to the universe has become the number one quest in cosmology.