Healing From Within – Happy Torture Free Holidays!
In today’s episode of “Healing from Within”, your host Sheryl Glick, author of The Living Spirit: Answers for Healing and Infinite Love welcomes special guest, Sue Elliott, founder and Editor-in-Chief of Law of Attraction Magazine and originator of Heartfelt Holidays’, an audio program which provides the shifts necessary to find more peace, ease, and joy at the Holiday times when many people may be feeling depressed, anxious, fearful, irritated, or upset during the time of Thanksgiving to New Years. Sue is also a leading personal executive transformation coach.
Sue and Sheryl will discuss not only the pressures of meeting end of the year deadlines at work and dealing with family an friends who are also perhaps stressed and anxious about the holiday season, which should bring so much joy and love, but often overwhelms many people dealing with issues of their own personal growth and the issues of others.
Sue Elliott has helped thousands of people apply the wisdom of renowned personal-growth experts, including Dr. Wayne Dyer (author and PBS-TV star), Marianne Williamson (Congressional candidate and author of A Return to Love), Don Miguel Ruiz (The Four Agreements), Dr. Joe Dispenza (brain scientist), Neale Donald Walsch (Conversations with God), Denise and Meadow Linn (The Mystic Cookbook) and Dr. Gary Chapman (The Five Love Languages).
Sues’ style of coaching is highly intuitive. She connects with angels, who then connect with YOUR angels to deliver messages to you (including those related to physical symptoms you’re experiencing) — as well as to clear and harmonize any blocks to your joy and success.
Clients have experienced tremendous gains in their relationships, work life, joy levels, physical well-being, ease around money and so much more! Some experiences clients have shared with Sue was based on the ideas of
- letting go of the need to do everything on one’s own
- finding and releasing a childhood pattern that was slowly killing a marriage
- letting go of a lifelong pattern of walking on eggshells, hiding and doing darn-near anything to avoid provoking anger
Sue mentions five key ways that we torture ourselves at the holidays:
- Comparing our real families and the memories of holidays with them – with the perfect families we’ve seen in movies and on TV.
- Beating ourselves up over gaining weight at the holidays.
- Keeping score in gift-giving
- Getting upset every time we have to stand in line
- Trying to buy the “perfect” gifts for people
Sue goes on to shed light on these and dozens of more…triggers and old scripts that keep us from experiencing a peaceful and pleasurable holiday session in the Heartfelt Holidays laser-focused audios such as family…food…crowds…shopping…parties…giving…receiving….
Many of us find ourselves getting stuck in the worry habit from time to time, if not all the time, most especially around the holiday season.
To change this worry mindset
- You can shift your focus to your desired outcomes. Or, if that feels like too big of a stretch in the moment, since you’ve got some momentum going in your worries, then
- You can shift your attention to whatever you can find in the moment to appreciate, which might be something in your surroundings, like a beautiful tree outside your window, or something about your friends, your pets, your family, your life.
Appreciation is a powerful vibration that will help you find relief. It literally will bring you into alignment with a feeling of “right this moment, all is well.”
- The job of figuring out what it will take to transform the situation.
- The job of handling that transformation for you.
After all, the Universe/God/the angels can see the big picture far, far better than we can. And they surely are powerful enough to line everything up (people, circumstances and events) so that whatever unfolds happens for the highest good of all concerned.