Host: Renee McGivern
Many of us are involved, as staff, board members or volunteers in new or emerging non-profits. Whether working with the homeless, the environment, children or others in need, every new staff and board faces myriad issues that can be both bewildering and overwhelming. Enter Renee McGivern, host of NONPROFIT SPARK. Renee and her guests walk through a new area of nonprofit work in clear, concise and fun themed shows. From Best Practices, developing and keeping a volunteer force, fundraising, effective governance, you can breathe easy now. Renee and NONPROFIT SPARK have arrived!
Nonprofit Spark with Renee McGivern
Through her company Spark Plug Consulting, Renee McGivern works with leaders of organizations who want to develop lasting relationships with members, clients and donors. She does this by authentically and effectively sharing who the leaders are, what they know and what their organizations do through a value-added blend of training and communications.
McGivern confidently taps into her 20-plus years of experience to provide solutions that are creative, pragmatic, delightful and quick.
McGivern’s experience includes:
• Association and nonprofit management for more than 20 years.
• Writing, editing and designing countless newsletters and brochures
• Managing communication projects like website redesigns
• Designing dozens of measurably-successful one and two-day training programs.
• Coaching trainers to be effective.
• Managing seminars and conferences for a dozen to 5,000 people.
• Conducting fundraising campaigns that raised $32 million from individuals.
• Building strong relationships with editors and reporters; writing editorials, letters to the editor and press releases.
As the host of Nonprofit Spark, McGivern taps into her experience gained from past nonprofit roles as development, communication and executive directors. She also has been a community volunteer and board member throughout most of her life.
The mission of her company and radio show is to inspire learning, communication and action so life works for people and organizations.
The Coach Initiative matches nonprofit leaders with experienced volunteer coaches who donate their time to make a difference for the world by making a difference with you. Leaders who want to be more effective in managing people, time and projects can benefit from a professional coach who is a sounding board and advisor focused on helping you succeed. Learn more about The Coach Initiative.
Red Apple Auctions helps auction committees design any fundraising auction to be more profitable. President Sherry Truhlar offers procurement tips, volunteer ideas, and a FREE Auction Item Guide, which lists the top 100 items that sold for over value in benefit galas last year.