Jody Pliszka visits us this week on Ripley Radio – An On-Demand Oddcast, the official radio station of Ripley’s Believe It or Not!, and explains what the Chinese Year of the Rabbit means to all of us and what we should expect if we were born under one of the five signs of the rabbit.
Additional random amazements discussed this week:
• Well-known TV writer and author David Bickell has an unusual and somewhat kooky book and website called Creepiosity. He talks with us about what he finds really creepy in this already strange world.
• Sideshow veteran and entrepreneur Ward Hall explains why he feels that freaks are still a viable entertainment option on today’s carnival midway.
• We meet Father John, the Carny Priest who travels across America tending to his flock of itinerant show people.
• Intern Kyle introduces us to a man who has run 365 full marathons in 365 days.
• Ripley’s archivist Edward Meyer explains how the marathon got its name and describes the amazing collection of Olympic torches in the Ripley collection.
• And our musical egress this week is Pat Porter’s “Blues for Father John.”