Home ownership is a privilege, not a right, one that comes with huge responsibility, financial and otherwise. It involves a certain mindset and may not fit every personality or lifestyle! Have you ever asked yourself should I buy or should I rent? And…how do I know the difference? Where do I need to be financially to know for sure that I am ready to buy my first home?
Join me today as my guest, Bennie Waller, PhD, Professor of Finance and Real Estate at Longwood University in Farmville, VA, and I discuss all these important questions and guide you on a path to greater financial awareness when it comes to owning a home. Here are just a few other items we will cover:
1. How not to overspend!
2. How to understand the difference between wants and needs.
3. A home is an long-term investment, not an ATM.
4. The importance of a rainy day fund.
5. The importance of planning for retirement.
6. Basic tips on buying “big ticket” items.
7. How your choice of degree can impact your career and your homeownership.
8. Straight talk about student loans.
Our goal is a better housing environment and a more educated home buyer.
Please join us…