Ripley Radio – Elvis, Buddy Holly & a Great Fish Story
There are still mysteries and controversy surrounding what many feel is the day the music died, Feb.3, 1959, when Buddy Holly, the Big Bopper and Richie Valens died in a plane crash. This week on the official radio station for Ripley’s Believe It or Not!, we talk with Gary Moore, author of the book “Hey Buddy” and he unveils what has not been told to us through the years.
Additional random amazements discussed this week
• We also visit with a security guard in Nashville and hear about his Elvis sighting.
• Chris Epting explains what happened to the pyramid that traveled with rocker Todd Rundgren during the 1970s and in who’s backyard it is now standing.
• Edward Meyer, Ripley’s archivist tells us about a very large chunk of Elvis’s hair in the archives.
• Intern Abby unveils a very odd map of the US in which each state is identified by its biggest fault.
• Tim talks with the quirky CBS News correspondent Bill Geist as they walked through the Ripley’s Believe It or Not! odditorium in Orlando.
• Ralf is impressed with the fact that a president of a country has a hit rap song on the charts.