Today’s Parents – How To Get Your Family Eating Healthier And Be More Active
Did you know, according to the U.S National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey of 2009-2010:
• 35.7% of adults age 20 and over are obese; and
• 16.9% of children and adolescents are obese?
Some experts even suggest that this generation of young people may be the first generation to die before their parents because of obesity-related disease.
The more sedentary lifestyle of the last two decades combined with poor eating habits have resulted in more and more families facing diseases like heart condition, hypertension and Type 2 diabetes. So what can parents do to ensure their children don’t end up with these chronic conditions?
In this week’s show, Today’s Parents speaks with weight control expert and co-founder of the Ultimate Weight Control Formula, Tora Culip about how families can make simple, sustainable changes that are healthier and that lasts. Listen closely as Tora shares:
• The changes the food industry made over time that has contributed to the obesity epidemic.
• A common mistake many parents make that contributes to their kids eating more than they need to.
• How your attitude towards food shapes your child’s eating habits.
• What to focus on when it comes to making changes to the family eating habits to get maximum benefit.
• How to get your entire family interested in eating healthier in the long term.
• Tora’s guide on what to eat and how much.
• Tora’s 3-step guide on how to read food labels.
• How to increase your metabolism with one simple technique that doesn’t require significant time and money.
For more resources and information about Tora Culip or the Ultimate Weight Control Formula, go to the website at http://www.donnaandtora.com.
Subscribe to Today’s Parents blog at http://todaysparentsblog.com.