Today’s Parents – What Parents Do That Create Entitled Children
Have you ever wondered why young people today have a strong sense of entitlement?
Ever wondered if what their parents did to make them this way?
What about your own kids? How do you know if they are going to grow up to be entitled children? If so, what can you do about it to make them more grounded?
In this week’s show, host Chiao Kee Lim speaks to child rearing expert, Dr. Peter Haiman, about this phenomenon in today’s society. Listen in as Dr. Peter Haiman shares:
• What entitled children sound like and how they behave;
• Why entitled children behave the way they do;
• Why the modern day family unit contributes to making children grow up with a strong sense of entitlement;
• How society contributes to this phenomenon; and
• What parents can do to make sure children don’t grow up that way.
Have questions or comments? Contact host Chiao Kee Lim or Dr. Peter Haiman using the following links.
To contact Dr. Peter Haiman, go to his website at http://www.peterhaiman.com.
To contact host Chiao Kee Lim, go to Today’s Parents’ blog at http://todaysparentsblog.com.