Surviving the Credit Crisis – What You Need to Know About Homeowner’s Insurance BEFORE You Buy a Home…
When I’m working with a client on a new home purchase, one of the first things I recommend to them at application is to start shopping for homeowner’s insurance. There are so many things to think about when shopping for insurance and building a lasting relationship with your agent! Not only do you want to have the right coverage, but you also want to work with someone that’s going to be there when you need them! So many people seem to leave this critical part of the home buying process to the last minute and then they are scrambling to get coverage two days before closing!
Join me and my guest, Karen Brannon, a Farmers Insurance Agent here in Central Oregon, as we discuss the step by step process to shopping for homeowner’s insurance.
Some of the topics we will be discussing include:
What is a fire protection class and how does that affect the cost of insurance?
- How does credit affect the cost of homeowner’s insurance?
- Does having animals affect your insurance costs?
- Is a home-based business covered under a homeowner’s policy?
- Are water losses covered by a typical homeowner’s policy?
- Why is it so difficult to insure a manufactured home?
- And much, much more…
Knowledge is power!