Experience it To Know It & Letting Go of a False Identity
It’s time for another monthly check-in with Dr. Erhard Vogel. In this episode, Erhard and I discuss what it means to experience it and know it. I share an example of how this happened in my own life with something as simple as burning myself with my curling wand (!). During that experience, I was able to let go of a false identity of myself because I chose not to believe the thoughts that wanted to interfere in my mind.
Picking up on our previous episode, Erhard and I discuss interconnectedness and the feeling of isolation and suffering that is so prevailing in the world now. We discuss how this feeling of isolation causes so much pain and suffering and how you can start to value yourself sufficiently to give yourself the attention you deserve so you can direct your attention and energy to living a life true to yourself.
As all my conversations with Erhard are, this one is truly enlightening and I know you will enjoy it! You can listen to my previous conversations with Erhard here:
- Raise your Level of Perception to Free Your Mind
- Reality Is What Is
- Examining the Falsity about yourself does not necessarily have you live in Truth
More about Erhard Vogel: Erhard Vogel, PhD, is recognized as one of the foremost meditation and Self-realization teachers in the world. Born in war-torn Germany, Dr. Vogel immigrated to the United States at age fourteen. He graduated from the Pratt Institute of Design in New York, and at an early age rose to a respected position in a world-renowned architectural firm. At thirty-one, he set aside a brilliant career in architecture to devote himself to the service of humanity.For four years Erhard, as he likes to be called by his students, traveled the globe on foot. He lived in Europe, the Middle East, Afghanistan, India, Nepal and China, thoroughly researching the ways in which people of different cultures seek fulfillment. He saw the underlying need in everyone to fulfill their potential.
In India Erhard met two of the world’s most renowned luminous Masters, who welcomed him into their midst and invited him to teach among the Himalayan sages—a rare distinction for a westerner. He lived for an extended period of time in a Himalayan cave in a remote sacred area. Living in utter joy and luminosity, Erhard remembered how so many people throughout the world suffer. He returned home to address the problems and aspirations of our contemporary society with his teachings. Following a lecture tour spanning the United States, Europe and Canada, he came to San Diego and founded The Nataraja Yoga Ashram, a not-for-profit organization.
Erhard’s teachings are a unique combination of time-tested wisdom and pragmatic method. His fundamental, experiential and systematic approach is based upon sound psychological, physiological and spiritual principles that make meditation and Self-realization practical and attainable. Erhard teaches not from books nor from other people’s ideas, but out of his own profound life experience. Through his depth of knowledge he is able to inspire and gently guide sincere students to the experience of their limitless potential. With unconditional acceptance and unwavering respect for the Being they are, he inspires his students to recognize their real Self and to treat themselves with trust and kindness.
Since 1969, Erhard has taught tens of thousands of students throughout the world. He continues to travel regularly to India and teach among the sages in the Himalayas, where he is recognized as a Master Teacher. He has authored three additional books: Self-healing Through The Awareness Of Being; Journey Into Your Center; The Four Gates: A Saga Of The Human Being On The Path From The Pit Of Despair To The Realm Of Fulfillment, From Confusion To Clarity, Culminating In The Deepest Realization; and A Dialogue With Death The Teacher Of Life: An Ancient Story For The Modern World, as well as numerous audio recordings of guided meditations and teachings. Erhard currently offers courses on site and online through The Nataraja Meditation and Yoga Center in San Diego, California. You can find out more about Erhard and his teachings here:
- Get your copy of A Dialogue with Death The Teacher of Life: An Ancient Story for the Modern World
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NatarajaAshram
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nataraja.ashram/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ExpertInLIfe
- Website: https://yogameditationnataraja.org
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NatarajaYogaAshram
If you liked this episode, here are some ways to support my work:
Get your free copy of My Personal Awakening Map to start creating the reality YOU desire!
1. Help me keep the podcast going by donating: https://cointr.ee/sloanefreemont
2. Invest in yourself with my Create What You Speak Academy: http://createwhatyouspeak.com
3. Sign up for my newsletter: https://sloanefreemont.com/1502-2/
4. Join my Telegram Channel: https://t.me/createwhatyouspeak
5. Leave a positive review for the show in your favorite podcast player: http://getpodcast.reviews/id/1369388267
6. Follow the podcast on your favorite podcast player: https://cointr.ee/sloanefreemont
7. Comment on this episode and let me know what you liked and what you learned
8. Share https://cointr.ee/sloanefreemont with your friends and on social media so others can listen to the show
9. Read and share articles I’ve published: https://www.publish0x.com/create-what-you-speak?a=jnegL2n3aw&tid=sloanefreemont.com
10. Connect on Substack: https://createwhatyouspeak.substack.com/
11. Connect on Minds: https://www.minds.com/register?referrer=sloanefreemont
12. Connect on Flote: https://flote.app/user/Sloanefreemont
13. Connect on Odysee: https://odysee.com/$/invite/@sloanefreemont:5
14. Connect on Bitchute: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/sloanefreemont/
15. Connect on Rumble: https://rumble.com/c/c-356765
16. Contact me with any questions, suggestions or comments: [email protected]