A Badass Female Truck Driver Talks About Permission & Empowerment
Abigail Olson’s life seemed to be falling apart. She was going through a tough time after her potential career and relationship fell through, on the exact same day (!), so she took a break from it all and started reading a lot. That down time led her to a book “Why Does He Do That” by Lundy Bancroft which helped her to realize some of the things she was experiencing in her relationship wasn’t the best thing for her. Abigail began writing down her painful moments to help sort out her feelings about her relationship and career path, which eventually led to her book “The Hay-Wagon”.
“The Hay-Wagon” is a young woman’s memoir about getting her CDL and going through her first serious relationship. It is a Next Generation Indie Book Award finalist in the Women’s Issues
(Non-Fiction) and Short Story Collections categories. The book was included on the National Coalition of Girls’ Schools’ 2020-2021 Books of Interest list for grades 9-12.
In this interview, Abigail and I discuss the success of her book, what she learned in the process and what life looks like going forward. We talk about giving yourself permission to find a way to empower yourself, even if it’s unconventional, about perseverance, and the importance of going after what is calling you in life.
You can watch the interview with Abigail here:
About Abigail Olson: Abigail Olson’s The Hay-wagon is a 2021 Next Generation Indie Book Award finalist in the Women’s Issues (Non-Fiction) and Short Story Collections categories. The National Coalition of Girls’ Schools also included it on their Books of Interest list for parents and educators of grades 9-12. She has written an oped for The Richmond Times-Dispatch (2018) and a cover feature for Disclosures (2022), the magazine for the Virginia Society of CPAs. She currently works as a freelance writer. You can connect with Abigail at her website: abigailaliceolson.com and on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfRC3PSNiE02uexl_LO0oIg. Get your copy of The Hay-Wagon on Amazon https://amzn.to/3eEi5Ep and wherever books are sold.
If you liked this episode, here are some ways to support my work:
Get your free copy of My Personal Awakening Map to start creating the reality YOU desire! https://sloanefreemont.podia.com/your-personal-awakening-map
1. Help me keep the podcast going by donating: https://cointr.ee/sloanefreemont
2. Invest in yourself with my Create What You Speak Academy: http://createwhatyouspeak.com
3. Sign up for my newsletter: https://sloanefreemont.com/1502-2/
4. Join my Telegram Channel: https://t.me/createwhatyouspeak
5. Leave a positive review for the show in your favorite podcast player: http://getpodcast.reviews/id/1369388267
6. Follow the podcast on your favorite podcast player: https://cointr.ee/sloanefreemont
7. Comment on this episode and let me know what you liked and what you learned
8. Share https://cointr.ee/sloanefreemont with your friends and on social media so others can listen to the show
9. Read and share articles I’ve published: https://www.publish0x.com/create-what-you-speak?a=jnegL2n3aw&tid=sloanefreemont.com
10. Connect on Substack: https://createwhatyouspeak.substack.com/
11. Connect on Minds: https://www.minds.com/register?referrer=sloanefreemont
12. Connect on Flote: https://flote.app/user/Sloanefreemont
13. Connect on Odysee: https://odysee.com/$/invite/@sloanefreemont:5
14. Connect on Bitchute: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/sloanefreemont/
15. Connect on Rumble: https://rumble.com/c/c-356765
16. Contact me with any questions, suggestions or comments: [email protected]
Music by https://www.fiftysounds.com Track: New York