Image Transformations of the Brain-Mind by Glen Just
Image Transformations of the Brain-Mind is Glen Just’s latest book that addresses basic questions about SELF and CONSCIOUSNESS. Dr. Just has two major concerns—how the mind emerges from its fetal beginning and ma tures through adulthood to enable free will (the Supervening SELF) and how sensory image transformations of the brain-mind lead to subjective experience. This book shares numerous insights into:
- Virtually transformed sensory images that feel like a little person (homunculus) in our brains.
- How the Physical-SELF is transformed into the Virtual-SELF.
- How the SELF in dreams feels just as real as it does in waking.
- The author’s dream classifications according to type of sensory experience.
- Transformative brain-mind images that underlie altered mental states and various religious experiences.
- How dream memories and the 24-hour mind become waking déjà vu experiences.
- Psychological and philosophical questions of autonomy and determinism.
Image transformations by our brains are key to understanding dreams, hallucinations, and the contents of other states of consciousness. Being able to interpret brain-mind image transformations provides insight into age-old questions such as what consciousness is, and what is that thing in our minds that feels like a little person; that thing that has been called historically by names like soul, self, ego, psyche, or mind.
Image Transformations of the Brain-Mind is grounded in research across multiple disciplines and thus goes beyond popular dream mythology. The book offers dozens of analyzed dreams and their image transformations to help the reader interpret their own dreams and nightmares. The reader will discover that a personal ability to successfully interpret nightmares brings about their automatic elimination.
About Glen Just: Glen Just is a retired professor from the Minnesota State University System. He has spent his professional life teaching, researching and administering programs in the social and behavioral sciences as they relate to offenders and the mentally ill in America’s Criminal Justice System. He is retired and lives with his wife Ruby in Kennewick, Washington. You can get your copy of Image Transformations of the Brain-Mind: Experiencing the Emergent Supervening Self on Amazon and wherever books are sold.