Host: David Pomeroy, MD
ADHD – What does it mean and how do you deal with it? From diagnosis to treatment, ADHD Focus will explore all aspects of ADHD. The latest research, trends and interpretations will be discussed with prominent experts in the field. We’ll also talk with people who have been diagnosed and, their families to learn their techniques for coping and pursuing a productive, happy life!
Does “screen time” on Smartphones, laptops, tablets etc affect my child’s brain? If so, how? Is she losing anything, or not developing some skills because she’s on YouTube and Netflix and Facetime so often? How much screen time is OK, and at what age? Listen to this show with Dr. Mary Burke, psychiatrist in San […]
Previous EpisodesView All Past Episodes of ADHD Focus
ADHD Focus with David Pomeroy, MD
Dr. Pomeroy has practiced Family Medicine in a variety of settings in the Pacific Northwest since completing his Family Practice Residency training program in Seattle in 1979, after having the good sense to move out west from the East Coast where he was raised. He did full-spectrum Family Practice including care of patients in hospital, delivering babies, assisting at surgery, and maintaining a busy office practice while in private practice in Puyallup and Gig Harbor then with large multi-specialty practices in primary care offices in Redmond and Issaquah.
When primary care office practice degenerated into a blur of “see patients every 15 minutes” and “come back if you have a second problem”, he left it behind in 2005 to start his practice specializing in the field of ADHD. Over the past 10 years he has evaluated over 3000 patients of all ages and managed their care for ADHD and a variety of co-occurring disorders.
He is well versed in all aspects of ADHD. He has presented talks to lay and professional groups and participates actively in the nationalADHD community. He continues to add to his working knowledge of ADHD by listening to his patients, attending national meetings of ADHD specialists as well as keeping up to date with research in the field reported in ADHD professional journals.
In his spare time he enjoys long-distance cycling, Lindy Hop swing dancing, listening to music of all genres (not much country…), skiing and being outdoors in the great Pacific Northwest.
- ADHD Focus: Screen Media and Brain Development November 28, 2016
- ADHD Focus – Is it ADHD or BiPolar, or Both? October 31, 2016
- ADHD Focus – Emotional Distress Syndrome October 17, 2016
- ADHD Focus – Victory Over Time Warp October 3, 2016
- ADHD Focus – ADHD Rewired September 12, 2016
- ADHD Focus – Steps to beat Procrastination with Rick Green September 5, 2016
- ADHD Focus – Cognitive Behavorial Therapy and ADHD May 30, 2016
- ADHD Focus – Executive Functions with Ari Tuckman May 16, 2016
- ADHD Focus – Coaching for ADHD with Jeff Copper April 25, 2016
- ADHD Focus – Alan Brown of Crusher TV April 11, 2016
- ADHD Focus – The Central Mystery with Thomas Brown, PhD March 28, 2016
- ADHD Focus – Triggers for rage and depression with Dr. Bill Dodson March 14, 2016
- ADHD Focus – Help for parents of the ADHD child February 29, 2016
- ADHD Focus – What does ADHD look like from inside the mind of an ADHDer? February 15, 2016